20. "Friend"?

Aria's POV

The club that we were in was filled with people. Some band was performing and we were sitting at the table drinking while Damon was telling about him and Lexi. I was so bored, that I finally decided that it's time to feed. So I went to some woman, compelled her not to scream and buried my teeth in her neck.

Soon Rebekah joined me. I looked up and saw that Elena and Damon were feeding next to us from another woman.

But when I looked up after some time again, Damon was gone. It looked like Elena and Rebekah noticed it too. We all went to the bar.

"Looks like Damon gave us the slip." Rebekah stated.

"Good. Hopefully he'll find whatever he's looking for, and then I can take it." Elena said.

"And then what? He's stronger and smarter than you. How are you going to take it from him without our help?" I asked her.

"Why do you want the cure?" Elena asked us.

"I don't. She does." I motioned to Bekah.

"Do you remember what it's like to be human... weak, fragile? Why would you want to go back to that?" Looked like Elena couldn't understand her.

"Because someday, I want a family' of my own." Rebekah said the truth. Elena sighed loudly.

"And that's exactly why I don't want your help. The best part of having no emotions is that I can think rationally. I'll do whatever it takes to get this done. You're the opposite, a pile of neuroses and insecurities, hopes and dreams. You're basically one big emotional variable that I just don't really need."

"Be careful, Elena. Don't forget with who you're talking." I warned her. "Your so called toughness can bring your end." And I with Rebekah walked away from her. Rebekah looked lost, so I calmed her down.

"You know that she'll need our help. You just have to be in the right place on the right moment."

*********************

And guess what? I was right.

I and Rebekah help Elena and snapped Damon's neck. When Elena was finally convinced that she needs our help we stole the information that Damon had.

Now three of us were in the car, driving to the search for Katherine. And if I forgot to mention, we stole Damon's car. Just because we wanted to. I have to say, it wasn't one of the most enjoyable rides, but it was bearable.

Elena speeded into a street parking space and we all got out of the car.

"Why are we stopping?" Rebekah asked indignantly.

We've searched three cities in the last 24 hours, I'm sick of Top 40 radio, and I smell like leather." Elena whined.

"You're going to smell like a dead corpse if don't get back in the car." I rolled my eyes and threatened.

"Have I mentioned I can't stand the sound of your voice?" Elena said while looking around.

"Too bad. We're not done. Get in, next town." Rebekah snapped.

"In a minute. I'm hungry." Elena was looking at the girl, who was walking to her car.

"We're not here for a pub crawl, Elena! I want the cure, Katherine has it. We don't stop until we find her." Rebekah shouted.

"I said in a minute." Elena said and went to the girl.

"Oh, my god, you startled me." The girl jumped, when she saw Elena.

"Did I?" Elena asked and started going for girl's neck, but what she said stopped her and caught my attention.

"Katherine, what are you doing?"