2. Welcome home

Aria's POV

Even while being a vampire, twelve hours flight is a torture. Thank god for my decision to wear ripped high waisted blue jeans, black top with a same colour coat and flats. Other way I would probably be dead by now.

I was driving towards my homeland, Mystic Falls. It seems like Niklaus didn't even try to hide how eager he was to see me. Two days went after he invited me to the family reunion and he already called me twice and tried to convince me to hurry up. I would like to believe that he did that only because he misses me, but I have a feeling that there's an another reason. After all, Niklaus wouldn't be Niklaus, if he didn't want anything.

I finally reached my destination. When I got out of the car, I saw in front of me standing a beautiful mansion. Well, Nik always had a good taste.

While I was adoring the building, Niklaus came out of it with a big smile plastered on his face

While I was adoring the building, Niklaus came out of it with a big smile plastered on his face. I ran towards and pulled him into a bones crushing hug.

"I missed you too, love, but I would be grateful, if you wouldn't strangle me here." He spoke in hoarse voice.

I unwillingly released him from hug.

"So... Do you like our new home?" He ask while taking a glance at the mansion.

"Yes, I do." I replied, while looking at the mansion too."But I still have one question about this family thing. How can you be so sure, that your brothers won't try to leave or take revenge on you for placing them in those boxes? For example, you kept Finn in the coffin for about 900 years and I'm not so sure that he will be very participating in this reunion." I said frankly while making my way towards the house with Nik by my side.

"Well, we can always try? Besides, daggers aren't for one-time use." He stated while smirking, in which I just rolled my eyes. I knew that it was useless to object him, so I decided to change the topic.

"Where's Rebekah?"

"Probably trying to find love in a cruel cruel world."

"Well at least she tries." I defended Rebekah.

"Talking about love life, is there anything that I should know?" He looked at me with curiosity.

"Nothing really special." I sighed. "There was a few dates, but nothing that you could call a relationships."

"That will be a good news to Elijah." he said.

I could never fully understand on who's side Niklaus was. At first he's saying that Elijah doesn't deserve me and that I should forget him, later, he almost says that I should give him a chance.

Suddenly, Niklaus phone started to ring.

"What?" he asked harshly. That caught my attention, so I listened to the conversation.

"We have searched the entire city, but couldn't find anything." said a male on another line.

"Then you didn't search good enough. If you won't find them until tomorrow's evening, your head won't stand on your shoulders as firmly as it does now." he snapped and hung up. I gave him a questioning look.