7. Silence

Aria's POV

I was standing in front of the mirror now fully prepared for the ball. I was wearing a beautiful light blue gown, that looked perfectly on me. I had my white heels on and my hair were done too. I wore light makeup, that included red lipstick.

I always loved these kind of events. It gives me an opportunity to wear all those fancy clothes, that I have in my big closet.

There was a knock at my room's door, but I already knew who it was.

"Come in." When I turned around I saw Elijah looking at me with wide eyes.

"You look stunning." He complimented me not stopping adoring my appearance. I blushing smiled at him gratefully.

"Thanks. You look not bad yourself." Truth to be told, he looked very handsome in that black tux. "I see you listened to me about the shoes." I said smirking. He let a laugh and gave me his hand to hold.

"Shall we?" He asked like a gentleman.

"We shall." And we made our way towards the hall. Many people were already here, including Elena Gilbert, two Salvatores and Caroline Forbs with a dress that Niklaus gave her.

"I need to make an announcement, my dear." Elijah told me and led towards the big stairs.

"Uh, if everyone could gather, please." Elijah asked for attention. All Mikaelsons, including Esther, who just walked down from upstairs, were now standing on the staircase and all guests' eyes were on us.

"Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom." He invited them and turned to me.

"May I dance with my wife?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"Yes, you may." I smiled at him and gave him my hand. He bent and placed a kiss on it. It was so light, that it felt like a feather landed on my hand. His lips lingered there for a few seconds until he straightened and looked at me. I could feel heat on my cheeks. This thing never changed. From the first days all these small things made me blush. Smiling at each other  we walked with everyone to the ballroom.

"You look gorgeous. You always do." Elijah showered me with compliments while we were dancing.

"Thank you." I said quietly.

There was no need to talk. We just danced, looked each other in the eyes and that was enough to understand how we felt. I was happy to finally be with him not because of our arranged marriage, but because we both wanted that. Only by looking at his eyes all my doubts disappeared. There was so much love and happiness in them, that I don't even know if it's possible to say in words. All this magical connection lasted until it was time to switch.

"I see you and Elijah got closer." Nik smiled spinning me around.

"I gave him a chance." I said to him. I knew that he would be pissed, if he would get the news from Rebekah.

"I'm sure that you won't regret this, Aria. I know my brother. There's nothing more important than family for him. And you are family. He wouldn't be doing this, if he doesn't feel anything for you." Niklaus said sincerely.

"I know, Nik. Thank you." He looked at me confused. "You have always been on my side. You have always taken care of me. And you have always been here when I needed you. Thank you for that."

"Always and forever. Don't forget that, Aria." He said and kissed me on the forehead.

**************************************************