18. Forgiveness

Aria's POV

It's been two days since the wedding. The new happy couple went to their honeymoon, while I, Elijah and Nicole stayed at chateau de Cheronne.

After my heated conversation Elijah, he tried to talk with me, but I showed him that I don't want to talk with him by giving him short answers.

Maybe I was being immature for behaving like this and not forgiving him, but what he said that night made me upset and angry. So he'll need to work harder to get my forgiveness.

I was wearing a playsuit, which's bottom was blue patterns and top was white with bell sleeves. I braided a waterfall braid and did gold eyeshadows.

I was sitting in the garden enjoying view and silence when Elijah approached me.

"Aria." I turned to look at him. Just by looking in his eyes I could see guilt and sadness in them. "I'm sorry. I'm terribly sorry for what happened. I don't know myself why I acted like that. It just when I found out about Jarrett and you... Jealousy and fear took over me." He sighed and sat on one of the benches. I raised my eyebrow not knowing what was he talking about.

"Elijah, what are you talking about? What could you be afraid of?" I asked and sat down next to him.

"I'm afraid that maybe one day you will understand that those nine years of living with him were better than being with me." Elijah hung his head low.

"Elijah, this could never happen." I said and put my hand on his shoulder. But he shot up and turned to look at me.

"How can you be so sure? In our marriage I did nothing, but mistakes. I left you, hid from you while you were searching for us, when you finally found us and told the truth, I still let you go and started to search when it was too late. I thought that I love other women when I knew that my heart belongs to you." When he ended his eyes were welling up and turned his head away from me. I slowly stood up and walked to him.

"You agreed to marry me, you accepted me in your family, didn't forget about me, showed me what true love is and the most important, you love me. Yes, you made mistakes, Elijah, and I did too. But we gave each other love. And this feeling makes up all of those mistakes." I made him look me in the eyes when I was saying this, so he know that every single word is the truth. "And you should never be jealous for Jarrett. We broke up, after we decided that it's better for us to be just friends than something more. We loved each other, but we weren't in love. As hard I tried to forget you, I couldn't erase my undying love for you and that wouldn't have let me to fall for another man."

"Please forgive me. I can't live while knowing that you're angry with me. You're my everything, Aria. You're my soul. My world. My one and only true love... I have no idea how I survived those years without you." A tear was falling down his cheek now, which I gently whipped off.

"Yes. I forgive you, Elijah." His face immediately lighted up from joy. Elijah pulled me into his arms and kissed.

"Damn it." Nicole said, when Elijah and I walked into the living room. "You're back together, aren't you?"

"Yes. Is there something wrong with that?" I asked her.

"No. It just it was really fun to watch that show that you created."

"What show?" Elijah asked confused.

"Well, you know... the show where you stare at her with all that sad face and puppy eyes and she ignores you and pretends to be very pissed off and that she will never forgive you when she forgave you long time ago." She explained and put more popcorns in her mouth. I rolled my eyes and just sat next to her to watch TV.

**********************

It's been a week since we made up and everything was perfect. Elijah took me on a date, which I really enjoyed. Nicole spent all week trying to make him snap and I have to say, that once she almost succeeded, when she stole from his closet all his suits and changed them with some color full t-shirts with dirty quotes on them. And did this when he was in the shower, so when he got out he didn't have any other choice than to wear them.

I will always remember that day, when he came into the kitchen with a shirt that said "ONCE YOU PUT MY MEAT IN YOUR MOUTH YOU'RE GOING TO WANT MORE" and a grill picture next to it. At first I was shocked and looked at his furious face with my mouth wide opened, but when I saw Nicky dying from laughter, I understood and started laughing too.

Elijah and I were sitting on the sofa reading as usual, when suddenly he shot the news to me.

"I need to leave. My friend has a problem and asked for my help." He looked at me waiting for my reaction.

"Okay, then I will come with you." I said simply.

"Dear, there's not reason for that. You should stay with Nicole since you haven't seen each other for so long. And I'll deal with this as quickly as I can." He took my hand in his and sqeezed it. I thought about this for a minute, but finally decided that he's right.

"Okay..." I sighed. "When are you leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning." I nodded sadly. I really didn't want to separate from him.

"Try to came back to me as soon as you can." I looked him in the eyes pleadingly.

"I promise." He said and hugged me.

***********************

"Sooo... Finally, when your old husband left, we can have some real fun!" Nicky said and clapped her hands.

"Elijah is not old." I said sternly.

"Soo a thousand years old guy is not old, right?" She asked sarcastically.

"Hey! If you call him old, than you call me old too." I tried to make her feel guilty. But it didn't really worked out.

"Yeah, I think I do." She smirked when I looked at her shocked and annoyed. "Hurry up now! Go pack your bags, cause we are going to Las Vegas!!!" She said and made a happy dance.

**************************************************

Hello everyone!

First of all, let me know how You liked this chapter.

And I have a very important question for You, that I would be very grateful if You'd answer.

If You have this book added to Your library, do You get notifications when I update my book?

Vote and comment.

Thank You!💖