6. A Promise

Aria's POV

I was standing in the balcony, trying to clear my head and fully understand what just happened. I was so used to calm life, that everything that happened in that room, just balanced me out.

My peaceful thoughts were interrupted by a knock.

"Come in." I invited and looked over my shoulder who came. Elijah.

"Can I join you?" Elijah asked.

"Sure." I smiled slightly at him and turned my head back at the beautiful garden in front of me. We stood like that in comfortable silence for a few minutes enjoying the view.

"I'm sorry." He said silently. I looked at his confused. I couldn't understand why he was apologizing.

"For what?"

"For not telling you, that I was going to resurrect my siblings." He said ashamed keeping his head low. I smiled at his behavior.

"Hey..." I put my hand on his left cheek and made him look at me. "I'm not angry. Besides, if I was in your place, I wouldn't say that to myself either. I understand, you thought that I was going to tell about your plans to Niklaus. Don't worry, Elijah, you didn't do anything wrong." He slightly smiled too. Elijah took my hand from his cheek and kissed the back of it. I let a small gasp from his action, but didn't pull my hand away. All his small gestures today made me melt inside.

"Damon was right. I am the luckiest man in this world. I have a wife that after all those years and after all my mistakes still gives me a chance and stays with me." He looked at me with eyes full of love. All those years I only wanted him to look at me like that. And finally he does. "I don't want to rush. I want to fix all my mistakes. I want to be worthy to have you." My eyes started to water from the words he said. It felt like one of my dreams and I was so scared that I'll wake up and everything will disappear. "I will never again leave you or let you leave me." He promised and lightly kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, my dear." He didn't let me say anything else and went to the doors.

"Goodnight, Elijah." I said before he exit my room. He looked at me again and smiling exited.

Never in all my life I felt so happy. Elijah's words touched every corner of my heart and now it was jumping like crazy.

Niklaus was right. This was a truly an exclusive family reunion.

*********************************

Today, Esther said that she's planning to throw a ball for our family's reunion. So here we are preparing for a ball. Rebekah and I are having our nails polished by an assistants. Elijah is trying to chose one from two, almost identical, pairs of shoes, Finn is waiting for a tailor to adjust his suit and Kol is doing the same, only he stands in front of full-length mirror admiring himself as always.

"Rebekah? Tell me how handsome I am." Kol almost demanded.

"Ah Kol, you know I can't be compelled." Rebekah teased her brother. All of us grinned at her answer. But Kol turned to me with a puppy face.

"Ari?" Oh, he new that I can't say "no" when he has that face on.

"Yes, Kol, you look very handsome." I smiled and he instantly gave me a million dollar smile.

"See, Elijah? You should look up to me if you want your wife to be happy with your looks." Kol teased Elijah. This time Finn, Rebekah and I, all snorted at his statement.

"Actually, Kol, I'm quite sure, that she's happy with my current looks. Thank you." Elijah smiled at his younger brother, but I could see the daggers that went from his eyes towards Kol. And I'm sure that Kol saw them too, because he quickly turned his attention to his suit. My assistant was done with my nails, so I stood up and with a smile on my face walked towards my husband.