13. Family is everything

Aria's POV

We came back to Mystic Falls the same day Rebekah asked us to. She explained us the situation and now Elijah and I were standing in Gilberts' house in front of shocked Elena. I can't really blame her, because we let ourselves in her house.

"Stefan." Elena called.

"You." Stefan said. Rude much?

"Hello again."

************************

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the Earth and Alaric will follow us." Elijah started explaining while we all were sitting at kitchen table.

"And you'll just run?" Stefan asked us still not sure about this.

"We've done it before. Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena is able to live out the rest of her natural life?" Elijah said.

"We've finally stopped him, Elijah. After everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back." Elena didn't want to surrender.

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours nor even within your children's lifetimes. Perhaps that will finally teach him some manners." I smirked at Elijah's words. Niklaus could use them, that's for sure.

"Why should she trust you? All you've done is screw her over." Matt came from the kitchen.

"And we are sorry for that, Elena. And for your question" I turned to Matt. "She could have been dead the instant we walked through that door tonight, so Elena," I turned back to Elena again. "We leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust us or not."

Suddenly, Damon yelled through the phone that was on the table.

"Not! Hello? Did that concussion give you brain damage?! His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get!"

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms. If you return Klaus' body to us, Elena will come to no harm." Elijah said and looked at Stefan. "Do we have a deal?"

"No! No, no, no, no! Did I mention no?" Damon still yelled.

"Elena, it's up to you." Stefan turned to the doppelganger.

"Oh, come on!" Damon tried, but was being ignored.

"Why do you want Klaus' body, Aria?" Elena turned to me. "I mean, I know Elijah wants him, because Klaus is his brother, but why you?"

"Niklaus, Rebekah, Kol and Elijah I know from birth and they all are like a real family to me. I love them like they are my real brothers and sister. (Well, of course, Elijah I love as husband.) That's why I could never leave any of them to die and I would always risk my life to save theirs. But I think you all understand that, don't you?" Stefan, Elena and Matt nodded while Elijah started lovingly at me.

After a few seconds of silence Elena sighed and said.

"We have a deal."

**************************

"Damon! Damon, where are you?" I yelled when I came out of the elevator. I arrived here to meet Damon and to take Niklaus body back. But I could feel that something was wrong.

"Damon, I'm not in a mood for games." I warned him while I walked down a line of storage units. Suddenly I was grabbed by someone from behind, with a hand covering my mouth so I wouldn't scream.