Boxed In, Breaking Out

Start from the beginning

      "She really was a great women. She'd been like a mother to me my whole life. She even taught me how to draw which has become something I'm pretty good at. Sorry for your loss." I gazed out at the earth thinking about how much Aurora would have loved to see it. A single tear fell from my eye but I brushed it away quickly.

"You know your brothers talk about you a lot. They never shut up. Constantly saying stupid little comments to each other. Sometimes I'd walk in on them having these really deep conversations or where one of them would just look sad. I think they're really lonely without you," she said this is a quiet voice.

"Not like I can just get up and see them," I snapped back at the younger girl.

"Sorry I didn't mean to make you feel bad," she murmured. I went back to my drawing ignoring the feeling in my stomach. Ignoring the feeling telling me that my brothers getting arrested was my fault. I was supposed to be there and help them. Teach them. Love them, but I was too busy being locked up in a cell.

~

          Sitting on the top bunk I threw a bouncy ball I had got from one of the guards against the wall. Octavia was out eating dinner in the dinning hall while I was stuck in the room with a tray sitting on the floor. The food looked like disgusting mush and I really wasn't in the mood to eat. Being in solitary sucked.

       I had the same constant pattern going, the ball would hit the ground, bounce off the wall and back into my hand. Continuing the same thing for 30 minutes Octavia eventually came back into the room with a guard escorting her. I stopped what I was doing and paid attention to them.

"Hey can I see my brothers?" I asked the guard nicely. I hadn't seen them for over 2 years and they'd been locked up for almost 6 months now. I didn't have very long left until I'd be floated and wanted to see them again.

"What makes you think you have that right? Huh? You murdered your father in cold blood and you expect me to just let you waltz out of here, and go visit your two psycho, illegal brothers. I think not," the guard rudely hissed at me. Jumping off the bed I began walking over to him.

"First off asshole it was self defence. Not like you'd know anything about that because all you do is assault prisoners for no reason. Second off my brothers didn't ask to be born. The one child rule is fucking bullshit. Third off if you ever talk about my family like that again I will cut your tongue out and feed it to you. Don't test me Smith. I will kill you," I spat getting up in his face.

      Despite my short height I still glared into his eyes. I had advanced on him so much that our noses were almost touching and I could feel his breath on my face. He glared down at me not fazed by my outburst. That's when a small smirk found its way onto his face as he crouched slightly getting to my level.

"Feisty little one. Too bad soon you're going to be dead and going straight to hell. Maybe you'll finally see your whore of a mother again. Then your bastard brothers will be there too eventually," he said quietly like it was just meant for me even though he knew Octavia could hear as she stood behind me expecting the worst.

      That's when I snapped. I swung my fist at him contacting perfectly with his jaw. He recoiled backwards and wasn't ready for when I hit him again. I swiped my foot underneath his making him collapse to the ground. On his way down he grabbed my legs forcing me with him. He got on top of me straddling my waist as he began to hit me. I spun us over and started wailing on him. Punch after punch. Eventually his face was so covered in blood I didn't recognize it and my fists were throbbing. Standing up I looked at Octavia and smiled lightly.

"Ready for an adventure?" I asked confidence rolling off me in waves. She glanced at the guard on the ground before cautiously walking around him. She grabbed my hand and began to sprint to the left. I knew where she was taking me. To the dining hall.

~

           After taking many twisted and turns eventually we found a large set of doors. We had avoided all the guards up to this point but I knew beyond these doors there'd be about a dozen of them. Locking my ice blue eyes with Octavia we both nodded pushing on the door. The view in front of me was so foreign. There were hundreds of prisoners laughing and joking. Some sitting by them selves but most with other delinquents.

      My eyes scanned the area looking for two specific boys. My eyes locked onto them just as the guards noticed me. Sprinting through the room I hopped over a table running towards the boys. They seemed to notice the commotion and turned around to see what was happening. I collided into them and wrapped my arms around them.

"Alaska." I heard Ace breath into my hair. I laughed lightly pulling away looking at them both.

"I missed you so much; both of you. Goodbye Phoenix, goodbye Ace," I said lovingly as the other delinquents watched on in awe. After all I was the girl that killed her father and had somehow got out of solitary. I smiled sadly at them before letting go. Letting the guards escort me back to my cell. On the way back I smiled at the ground feeling satisfied.