Chapter 16

After our crew cleaned up and the police left, I told shade to start considering the matter. Giving me a head nod he took his leave. Hearing some footsteps, I turned to see Felkis coming from upstairs. "Anything?" "Nothing yet but she'll start talking soon" he said evilly. Felkis is a master torturer, he can get information from any prisoner I give him. It's quite terrifying really. Kane does okay with getting information but he's not as good as his teacher. I swear they enjoy torturing people I guess it's true what they say. Like master like student. "I need to go. Can you make sure she gets home okay?" I said as I walked out the door. "Yes sir, I'll also call in some guards" Felkis said. Getting into my car I made a call to an old friend of mine.

"For you to call me it must be important"

"My parents' house was attacked. I want you to help me find out who did it."

"What do I get in return for helping you?"

"Your sister's freedom and your own" Ever since I helped his family knowing they didn't have any money I took him and his sister as settlement. I trained him to be the best fighter (well close to the best) and double agent we've got and his sister...well let's just say she bring in a lot of clients. "Do we have a deal?"

"Yeah I'll be there soon"

Pulling into the headquarters garage, I put on my red eye contacts and my black suit jacket then proceeded into the dungeons. Along the way, I heard some footsteps coming from behind me. Swiftly pulling out my gun I aimed for the target but when I did no one was there. Instead I had a gun pointed at the back of my head. The only one who could do that was my old boss.

"Destiny"

"Hello Jamil it's been awhile" turning around to face her I put my gun away and she did the same.

"Why are you here?"

"I heard that some shit happened"

I shook my head at her, she always does this. She claims to be retired but she always comes back when major shit happens. You can take the girl out of the mafia but you can't take the mafia out of the girl. I told her the details as we walked down the rest of the tunnel. "Does anyone know who did it?" she asked. "We're about to find out" Seeing Kane, Blade and Shade we strutted up to them. "Destiny darling" Kane yelled "Kane darling" she said returning the greeting. They gave each other one of those cheek kisses and started making small talk.

"Oh, darling how have you been?"

"Oh you know torturing every poor unfortunate soul who crosses us. What about you dear how's the normal life?"

"It has its ups and downs but it's relaxing. Although I do miss the excitement from time to time."

These two has always been close. Kane was her right-hand man he would do anything for her. I always thought they would end up together but that never happened. She ended up with someone else but in this kind of business it doesn't last long. The dude tried to kill her in the end and if it wasn't for Kane he would've succeeded. I've never seen Kane as angry as he was that day. he went on a killing spree, destroying anyone who was involved with her attempted murder. After that she stepped down and left me in charge. She wanted to give leadership to him but he refused. Snapping out of my flash back I focused on more important matters. "You guys can catch up later. We need to get down to business" I said interrupting their little chat. "Have you started?" I asked Kane. He smiled "Are you kidding me I couldn't wait" I swear this dude has problems. I've never seen a person so happy to torture another human being. Believe me I like torture just as much as the next guy but he's obsessed with it. "Good let's see if they're willing to talk now"

Approaching the room, they were in Blade stopped us at the door. "Don't mind the stench or whatever else you see in there. Kane went a little over board" Blade then opened the door to let us see Kane's handy work. There was blood everywhere, you would think that he murdered them. He knew better though, I am not one to cross. "Who sent you?" Silence "I'm going to ask you one more time WHO SENT YOU" terrified they answered it was the ro- *boom* *splat*. That ladies and gentlemen was the sound of their heads blowing up.

"Whoever this person is they sure don't us to find out who they are any time soon" Shade said.

"No kidding" Blade said.

"Well at least we have two letters" Destiny said

"I guess I can work with that" Shade said.

"You're gonna have to. No one comes after my family and gets away with it" I said

"Speaking of how is that fiancé of yours?" Kane asked

If I could kill him I would. He knows good and well that I didn't want destiny to know about my marriage. Why you ask? Because she does this. "YOU HAVE A FIANCE AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!" She's always got to be so extra about it and she's loud as fuck. By the time, she's through our whole family would know. "Is she pretty?" she asked skeptically. "Now when have I ever fucked with an ugly chick?" I said raising my eyebrow. "True" she said. "She's just not my type." She slumped her shoulders "Code word for ugly."

"Nah he just doesn't like skinny girls" Shade said.

"That's mean. You could be missing out on a good girl because of that"

"I could say the same to you Ms. Dick measurer" I said.

"Hey that's important. Not every guy has a big dick but every girl has a pussy"

"She has a point. Pussy is pussy" Blade said.

"We're getting off topic here" Shade said.

"You're right. I should probably get home. Clean up here Kane" I said as I began to walk to the tunnel.

"Yes sir"

"AYE WE'RE NOT DONE TALKING ABOUT THIS YOU HEAR" She yelled.

"YES MOM" I said sarcastically.

KANE'S POV

Before I started cleaning up the mess I decided to take Destiny home first. As I was driving we caught up on a lot of things. She told me about her new life as a normal citizen and I told her everything that happened after she left. Arriving at her house I stopped the car and got out so that I could walk her to her door. "I guess chivalry isn't dead after all" she smiled. "There are some gentlemen left" she let out a giggle and I just smiled. I miss being with her so much. We've always done everything together ever since we were young. Somewhere in the middle of our crazy lives I fell in love with her but I continued to play the role of a best friend. Especially when she chose to date someone else. I stopped hanging out with her for a while giving her excuses as to why I couldn't be around her as much as I use to. I just couldn't watch her love someone else.

"Earth to Kane"

"Huh? Oh sorry"

"What were you thinking about?"

"You"

"In what way?" she said putting her head to the side.

Damn she's so cute. "You don't want to know"

She got closer to me "Maybe I do"

Not being able to hold back any longer I hungrily kissed her lips. The crazy part about it is that she actually kissed me back. I pinned her against the door with hands above her head and went down to neck finding her spot. Before I could go any farther she stopped me "Lets continue this inside." I nodded "Don't worry lil man is with his grandparents so make me scream as loud as you want." I smirked "Oh I plan to." Looks like blade will be cleaning up tonight.