Chapter 12

Looking at the folder thoroughly this time and I found something that angered me more than anything. Picking up my phone I called summer and told her I was coming over. I asked about dad's mood and she said he was surprisingly calm. I told her to tell dad I was coming and that I wanted to speak with both of them. Before I left I quickly called some people to confirm it. The whole time I was hoping that this information was false but it wasn't. I was furious. After confirming that this information was in fact true I called a cab and went straight to my old house. I knocked on the door and Summer immediately opened the door and pulled me into a hug. At first I didn't hug her back cause I was caught off guard but then she hit me and I hugged her back. After what seemed like forever we let go of each other and I was shown into the house.

"Where is he?" I said in a somewhat angry tone

"Where we always go when we have a family meeting" she said leading me to the formal dining room. When we entered he seemed like he was holding in his anger and frustration.

"Dad?" summer said with concern. He then snapped out of it and looked at us

"What is it Autumn?" He was using his business tone

"I want you to explain this to me" I said throwing the picture across the table. He picked it up to look at it but when he did fear came across his face

"How did you get this?" he asked

"Someone gave it to me along with some other things. Care to explain as to why you were kissing Diana when you were CLEARLY STILL MARRIED TO OUR MOM" Summer gasp in disbelief

"You're taking this too far. I know you hate her but to make things up is unforgivable" she said

"I don't say things without proof. I looked into it myself and they said he use to come there often with a woman under his arms. Summer have you ever pondered how dad found someone to marry so quickly? It was because he was having an affair with that bitch"

"That's not true" Summer said with tears in her eyes

"It is Summer" dad said.

"But why?" summer asked

"You're mother and I was having some complications. She didn't like the fact that I was working all the time. She wanted me to spend some time with the family. I told her that I was working hard for you guys and she didn't want to hear it so I went on a business trip. I had a meeting in Vegas with the CEO of the Casino and I met Diana. At first It was strictly business but then I started to get comfortable with her and started talking about my situation she completely understood. Then I found out that she use to be friends with your mother in high school and college. She then became my confidant and gave me advice until one day we did something that I never thought would happen. I had sex with her and from that day she became my other lover. You was only five then summer and Autumn was three. The more time spent with her, the worse I felt and by the time summer was ten I broke it off." My dad said

"So this went on for five years and you never once thought about mom" Summer said angrily

"I'm so sorry sunshine" he said

"Sorry is not going to cut it. Mom never cheated on you and I'm pretty sure she knew too. You caused her so much pain. She would cry late at night with a bottle of alcohol next to her I never understood why she was crying but now I know." Summer said glaring at him. "All that pain and she still stayed and loved you she never gave up hope and yet you continued with your affair. You're a pathetic excuse of a husband and father" she grabbed my hand and walked out of the room leaving my father no Tim to wallow in his own misery.

     She pulled me all the way up to her room closing and locking the door behind her. For a moment she just stood there crying silent tears. All I could do is comfort her and tell her that everything is going to be all right. When she finally calmed down we both sat at the edge of her bed thinking about how messed up our family really was. I wanted to tell her about Diana but I think she's been through enough for one day.

"I'm going to move in with Tank" she said getting up to pack her things.

"You're going to leave him by himself?" I asked.

"I can't stay here knowing he betrayed us like that" she said.

"I understand. Do you hate him?" she stopped packing and turned around to look at me.

"Listen tum tum. He made a mistake, a five year mistake at that. Part of me hates him for betraying us and the other part knows that he's all we got left. Mother wouldn't want us to hate him and even she found it in her heart to forgive him. It'll take me some time but I'll forgive him one day and you should too" she said.

"But..."

"No buts you and him used to be close you need to get back to that. That's what mom would want" she said.

"Easier said than done. That'll be harder than you think considering that I was the one that watched her die right in front of my eyes" I said coldly.

"I've been meaning to ask you this but how did she die" she said facing a wall.

"They raped her for hours and then woke her up when she passed out. She took on all four of them to save me. When they were done they shot her in her neck and left me there to watch her die" I said with tears in my eyes. They'll pay and so will she if it is the last thing I do.

"I'm so sorry Autumn" she said hugging me

"It's not your fault but whoever is responsible will pay I swear" I said with determination. She finished packing up her things gave Tim a hug and kiss and left leaving me and him alone.

"Just give her some time she'll be back" I said

He smiled "I know that but what about you" he said

"It'll take me a little longer for us to go back to how we use to be" I said. He turned his back to me

"The Hakims decided to postpone the wedding till this crisis is over" he said trying not to let his voice crack

"Okay" was the last thing I said before leaving him alone to cry.