Stay

Last time on Tails and Ears:

"Where are we supposed to go...where is there to go?"

***

Shina

Naruto was right...where are we supposed to go? The humans burned our home.

Humans.

It's always humans, they have to take everything from us, our home, my childhood-my parents.

"Well, we're not staying here," I growled out, as I limped around the room-gathering stuff for our escape. Naruto didn't bother to help.

"Shina...just please they..." I glared at him, daring him to finish. He trailed off, tails waving gently. His ears perked up, but he frowned. The humans were getting closer.

"Naruto...they...humans are despicable," I say, reminiscing about the past. How our parents would have to hide us with Kurama in the forest, while they had to attend to their...business affairs in the human village. Naruto and I would wait for their arrival-hoping they would come back safely.

And one day they didn't.

"Every trail they blaze, they destroy something in their path-without a worry," I turn to him, my tails flailing rashly as I recall what they did. Naruto looked down, knowing what I meant.

"They take anything as they please without mercy...you saw their destruction first-hand!," I uttered. Not hearing getting closer to the door.

"They burned down our home! They took Ku, they took our paren-"

"Okay!," He cut me off, knowing where I was taking this. I grumbled and resumed what I was doing. Shaking my head, I bent down to grab something and I immediately felt discomfort in my abdomen. I whined and fell to the ground, breathing erratically. I see to my wrapped-side that wounds have been re-opened and there was a growing red stain. Naruto saw this and quickly came to my side.

"I know you don't like humans," He voiced, coming close to try and comfort me. "But you need to understand, we won't be able to go far with these wounds," His nose scrunched when he smelt the fresh blood.

"Just...let them help, and when you're fully healed we can leave...?" Naruto stated, sounding like more of a question.

He was right. I sighed and simply nodded. He grinned and helped me up to the bed, as I got settled in-the door swang open and I stiffened. At the door stood the humans from before-the green-eyed girl, the brooding dark boy and the older man with then. When my eyes met the eyes of the blonde old woman that fought me, my body was filled with rage. My brother noticed this and quickly turned into his fox form, climbing up to the bed and rested beside me. Trying to calm down, I petted him-making him purr. The humans were in shock, still not used to the human-to-fox thing.

"It seems you re-opened your wound...,"The blond woman said, breaking the scilence-I simply glared at her.

She started to slowly walk up to and I began to growl at her, I stopped when Naruto rubbed against me, whining.

"I am trying to help you" She spoke, calm. I only glared harder, if that was a thing. As she was beside the bed, Naruto shifted away so the woman can see my wounds.

After, she quickly checked my wounds-much to my displeasure.

"You were critically wounded in your side and abdomen, it's shocking that you're even awake right now." She said as she walked to put her tools away. the 3 ninjas from before still stood in the corner, whispering among themselves. Probably how to obtain our power.

"It's going to take you a few months for the minor wounds to heal but for the bigger injuries...it's going to take a while." She said, turning to me. I only nodded, knowing that the wounds are going to heal much faster.

"But now, let's get to the point—who are you really?"