Chapter 8

Ariel

"You couldn't find anything?" Kirk almost shouts at Jerry, a member of the gang that is a whizz on computers. He's been trying to hack into Savannah's phone for hours to try and find her location. Seeing as we didn't get anything when tracing the text she sent me.

"Something is blocking the signal. The phone must be dead." Jerry tells him, not seeming bothered at all by Kirk's harsh tone. His face almost looks understanding as he looks at my brother.

"This is all my fault." Kirk mumbles, running his hand through his hair and pulling it in frustration. He's been saying this since yesterday when we found out Savannah was taken. He thinks it's his fault because he gave Savannah's uncle a deadline for the money they owed. They sold her to a prostitution ring to pay him off. I've told him too many times it's not his fault. He's not going to believe me until we have Savannah back.

"Hey," I murmur softly, walking towards him and placing my hand onto his shoulder comfortingly. "We're going to find her. There has to be something we haven't tried yet."

Jerry couldn't get here until today as he was away on gang business, which is why we're only doing the tech stuff now. Yesterday, we spent the whole day calling around to all of our gang connections, asking if they've heard of a possible prostitution ring in the area. None had heard anything, but they said they'd call if they did. We've had a couple of calls but they've all been wrong information, people trying to get on Kirk's good side. If anything, they're angering him more.

Neither of us slept last night. I stayed in my room, trying to keep myself busy so my mind didn't think of all the bad things that could be happening to Savannah. I could hear Kirk in the training room for hours. It sounded like he broke some equipment. Then, he went out to work on his bike. He was still working on it when I came out of my room at 7am.

"I could hack into any traffic or surveillance cameras around her house to see if they caught who took her." Jerry suggests, already setting to work before we agree to his idea. It's a really good idea. Kirk and I move to stand either side of him, watching as he works his magic. "There's a camera on the house next to hers." He tells us a couple of seconds later. He has to work for a couple of seconds to get into the footage but he does it with ease. "What time am I looking for?" He asks as he inputs Saturday's date.

"She finished work at midnight." I tell him, leaning onto the table so I can get a closer look at the computer. Jerry finds the footage at that time, fast-forwarding it until something comes up. At 12.09, it shows her uncles truck pulling up, both of them climbing out. He places his hand onto her shoulder and pushes her into the house. I hear Kirk's knuckles crack at that part. "Look, another cars pulled up." I point towards the screen even though they're both already looking. Two guys climb out of the new car, keeping their heads down as they hurry into the house. "It's like they knew there were cameras there." I sigh.

It only takes them a couple of minutes to come back out, this time, one of them is carrying something. More specifically, Savannah. Theirs backs are to the camera as they exit the house.

"Get the plate number." Kirk tells Jerry quickly, a new sense of hope in his eyes. There's a clear view of the plate so it's easy for Jerry to screen grab. "Trace it."

Jerry's fingers move like lightening over the keyboard, inputing different codes. It looks like he's putting some sort of block over his computer, making his moves untraceable. It's clear why when he hacks into the FBI database, using their systems to trace the plate number. A huge map appears on the screen as it loads, slowly zoning in on one area as it pinpoints the cars location.