Chapter 4

"Savannah!" Ariel sings into my ear very loudly. I peel my eyes open slowly, my whole body feeling tired as I register the teenage girl jumping on the bed next to me. "Wake up!" She continues to sing, not looking down at me to notice I already am awake. "School starts in an hour!" That causes me to sit up. The sudden move of the covers causes Ariel to slip, falling backwards, thankfully landing on the bed. "What's wrong?" She frowns, noticing my sudden look of panic.

"I don't have anything to wear to school." I tell her, looking across at my clothes sat on top of Ariel's desk. I can't go to school wearing the same clothes as yesterday. That'd just give Aline a new topic to bully me about.

"Oh, you can wear something of mine." Ariel says lightly, waving her hand in a dismissive way to show its no problem at all. Even though the idea of wearing Ariel's clothes worries me more. She dresses a lot different to how I usually would. For example, she always wears leather jackets; I don't think I could pull one off. And she always has heels on her boots, but I suppose I can still wear my converse.

Once I've showered, I walk back into Ariel's room in a towel, seeing she's laid an outfit out for me on the bed. Even a set of undergarments that still have the label on are laid out. A small smile takes over my lips as I close the door to change. I drop the towel, pulling on the undergarments quickly, then I dress into the black skinny jeans and grey t-shirt with a skull printed on the front. Completing the outfit is, of course, a black leather jacket.

As soon as I pull the jacket on, there's one short knock at the door then Ariel waltz's in, carrying a black backpack and a pair of chunky heeled boots. She hands them over to me with a wide smile before stepping back to inspect me.

"Can't I wear my converse?" I ask pleadingly, holding the shoes away from me like I'm scared of them, which I am a little.

"No, they go better with the outfit." She says sternly, giving me a no nonsense look. I know there's no point arguing with her so I sit down on the bed to pull the boots on, which are a perfect fit for me. I stand back up and realise Ariel is looking at me proudly. "You look badass." She tells me.

"I look just like you then." I chuckle, gesturing towards her outfit. She's wearing a pair of black leather leggings, with a white t-shirt, a leather jacket with large silver buttons over it and a pair of black, high heeled boots with multiple buckles on them. She laughs with me, nodding ironically.

I reach for the hair tie on my wrist, about to tie my hair up in my usual bun, when Ariel shakes her head sharply, stepping towards me. "Leave your hair down." She instructs me, pulling my hair back over my shoulders so it shapes my face. I've been cutting my own hair for the past five years, but I've never been brave enough to cut loads off, so my hair is quite long. It stops a couple of inches above my belly button. The dark brown shade of my hair just adds to the whole badass look. "You look great." Ariel smiles, stepping back to pick up her own bag.

I pick up the bag she gave me, glancing inside to see she's stocked it with notebooks, pens and pencils. Thankfully, the text books I need for today are in my locker, along with my calculus homework that I completed in school so I just left it there.

We don't see any of the guys as we head down to the kitchen. Ariel walks straight to the refrigerator, pulling out two bottles of water and handing one to me. I take it gratefully, placing it into the backpack Ariel gave me.

"What's that?" I ask her as she picks up what looks like a sticky note with money attached to it off of the refrigerator door. There's something written on the sticky note but I can't see it. I did have reading glasses when I was younger but my dad didn't take me back to get bigger ones when I grew out of them at 14. Now I've just gotten used to not being able to see things in the distance. Which is another reason why I sit at the front of the class, because I can't see the blackboard from anywhere else.