Chapter 6

Ariel

Savannah hasn't been answering my texts since Saturday night. I didn't think much of it on Sunday because I assumed she was around her uncle and dad too much. But, she always answers in the mornings before school. It's some of the only time she gets while they're asleep.

Now, I'm worried as my call to her once again goes to voicemail. School started thirty minutes ago but I'm not going anywhere until I know Savannah is okay. Logan has gone to school. He promised me he'd look for her once he got there then call me. He hasn't called me yet. So, I decide it's time I tell Kirk. I'm not sure how he'll react. I notice the different side Savannah brings out of him. I know he's attached to her in some way, which can be dangerous for both him and Savannah.

"Kirk." I call as I head down the stairs. His bedroom and the training room was empty so the only place I can think of him being is outside working on his bike. He loves that thing as much as he loves me.

When I step outside, I'm met with Cole's, Elian's and Kirk's backs, all standing defensively, looking dangerous to whoever's stood in front of them. I step around them to see Savannah's dad and uncle, smirks on their faces as Phil holds a bag in Kirk's direction.

"It's all there." He promises as Elian steps forward to take a hold of the bag. Kirk's expression remains dangerous, looking like he's debating wether to hurt them even though they brought him the money.

"Where is she?" I snap, stepping in front of my brother and alerting them all to my presence.

"Who?" Paul, Savannah's dad, asks with a smirk, acting clueless.

"What have you done to her?" I shout, taking a threatening step forward, causing both guys to quickly jump back. That's right, I've knocked you both out cold before. I'd gladly do it again. Just the sight of these men, knowing all of the things they've done to Savannah, makes my blood boil.

"Ari, what are you talking about?" Elian asks me with a frown, still clutching the bag of money in his hand. The money that Savannah earns for them by working almost everyday.

"Savannah. She isn't answering her phone. I haven't spoken to her since Saturday." I tell him worriedly.

Suddenly, Kirk stalks forward, grabbing a hold of each of their shirts in his hand, pulling them up and staring at them with a whole new type of anger that I've never seen on him before. I've seen him angry hundreds of times, but this just looks different.

"Where is she?" He pushes out between his teeth, not relenting on the quivering men in front of him. They both look utterly terrified while trying to escape from Kirk's grip, which is completely useless.

"She's at school." Phil shouts quickly, a defeated look taking over his face.

"If she isn't, I'm coming for both of you. And I will kill you." Kirk promises in a whisper, leaning his face even closer for them to only shrink further away. "Get out of my sight." He spits, dropping them into a crumble on the floor. They scramble to their feet, running over to the old beat up truck that Phil drives, speeding off down the street. "Elian, call Logan, now. Tell him to find her." Kirk instructs sternly, still staring off to where the cowards drove away.

As he says it, my phone starts to ring. "That's probably him." I murmur, digging my phone out of my back pocket. A name flashes across my screen, making me breathe out a sigh of relief. "It's Savannah."