0.0.4

•HARRY POV•

I knew she'd ask that, it was only a matter of time before a good day turned into a sad and upsetting one.

"Em... your papa," Louis starts and grabs a hold of my hand and Damsel's too and kept his speech going, "he worked hard for the tickets and he could only get two because he wasn't sure when he'd get to come back. He wanted us to enjoy our time as a family, and him in our hearts. Okay, darling?"

"This isn't fair papa!" Damsel exclaims at a high tone but not too loud to scold her about it. "I just want-wanted you to come."

"It's alright," I say sitting her on my lap. I finish off my words in a whisper while setting her forehead on mine, "not everything in life is fair and I know you wanted me to go, too. But, I don't know when I will be back. This is the military drift sugarplum, there's no knowing when I could be back, I don't even know if I'll-," I choke on my words for a second taking a breath to know, that in my mind that I'll be okay, we'll be okay. Speaking these next words could be pretentious or our daughter's mind but it's true. "-be coming back."

"Why do I-I never get t-to spend time with you?" Damsel says crying into my chest now with the tickets on the floor. "I don't want you gone forever, baba."

"Because it's my job to protect you, sugarplum," I whisper against her temple as I hold her close to me. I rest her head against my chest while rubbing her hair to calm her mind down so we can continue, "why don't you open your last present? Yeah?"

"Okay," she says sniffling one last time and wipe her last tears away. She picks up the tickets and sets them on the coffee table then opens her last gift to see that she got a letter in a box with a charm bracelet. It already has an emerald on it which is her birth stone and an 'L', 'H', she pulls out the poster next and examines it. Louis and I are biting our lips waiting for her to get to the letter but not rushing her.

"Oh my God," she says making her mouth drop after she looks in the corner of her poster. "You got me a photograph from Shawn Mendes on his poster?!" She pulls out the next poster and freaks again, "and a photograph from Charlie Puth on his poster, too?!"

"That's not all babe, check the box again," Louis says as she starts clapping furiously already pumped by her signed posters. By now, hopefully, she has already has forgotten about the conversation of my draft. She pulls out the letter and reads it, well, tries as much as she can.

"Daddy, papa," she whines walking over to us, "can you help?"

I hold the note and read it, "

Dear, Damsel

We wanted you to see,
That not only can you be able to see me,
But your not far,
You may think you are,
Just check the room to your left,
And you will see two stars.

Charlie & Shawn."

"What's in the bathroom?" Damsel asks. Oh my lord, she's going to freak out about what's waiting for her.

"Go! Look!" I say pushing her back towards the bathroom a tad bit in excitement. She runs off to the bathroom and stands there with her hand on the handle as we stand beside her. When she opens the door she screams louder than I did when Louis proposed, which I thought was impossible till now, when I broke my ear drums.

"Daddy! Shawn and Charlie are in the bathroom," she screams to us. Louis pulls out his iPhone and starts recording just as she walks out of the bathroom holding their hands. Damsel has a huge smile on her face as she pulls them along behind her. She lets go of their hands as she sits on the bed still baffled by seeing them. "Papa?"

"Yes, sugarplum?" I answer looking at her, smirking as well.

"W-what are they doing here?!" She says bubbly, looking at them excitedly as she speaks. This is my time to redeem my papa card.

"Well, if you want gentlemen, you may take a seat and make yourself comfy after sitting in the bathroom for that long time. My apologies as well," I say smiling at them clasping my hands together looking at them apologetically.

"It's no problem, Mr. TS, it was all worth it," Shawn says with a bright smile against his tinted cheeks.

"I quite enjoyed the reaction from damsel as well,-" Shawn says till damsel cuts him off.

"Oh my God, he knows my name," she says looking flabbergasted towards Shawn, this causing us all to laugh at her flabbergasted state. Louis then stops recording which basically tells me it's time for me to tell Damsel what's happening.

"Well, Damsel. I think it's about time for me to explain," I say sitting on the edge of the bed starting my game I will hopefully pull off of the sad look, knowing me I probably couldn't do it. "Shawn and Charlie,-"

"What is it papa?!" Damsel cuts me off

"Well if you'd let me finish I could tell you," I say giving her the look.

"Sorry," she says looking down at her hands sadly.

"It's okay sugarplum, anyways, Shawn and Charlie will be with us for this week until after your birthday. They have tour, that I made sure to let you go see, you got front row seats as well, thank god they weren't nose-bleed seats," after I finish, she jumps up and sprints over to me and jumps on me, causing me to fall on my bum from impact. She then starts leaving kisses all over my face with multitude 'thank you's'. "Okay, okay. How about you two boys sing her a song, yeah?"

"That'd be great actually, we made a little song for her in the past few days, we'll be right back with our instruments for it first," Charlie says walking back to the bathroom with Shawn. They come back with their instruments quickly, Shawn has his guitar and Charlie has a keyboard. They plug in the key board quickly and Shawn tunes his guitar for a minute while Louis pulls his phone back out to start recording.

"This is a new song that we made for you Damsel, we hope you like it," Shawn says then Charlie starts the count off from 1-3 and they start playing the song. As Damsel was listening she was sat next to me with her hand over her mouth and was crying while Louis was standing across the room recording everything for memory purposes.

They sing a song that sounds like it's about someone leaving from home, when Shawn sang 'Cause I'll love you anyway, even when your far, you're in my heart,' that made Damsel bursts into a sob,  causing Shawn and Charlie to look at her with sympathetic pain. I get that a lot, sympathy, from people I don't even know. They come up to me and tell me 'thank you for your service, sir' or 'I wish you all the luck on the battle ground.' There's no luck on the ground of battle, it's all on what God has planned for you at the time the bullet goes past your head. Or you see a man holding a kid with a gun, they both have guns pointed at your head, you'll have to slice both of their throats or go in for a gruesome stab in the stomach.

When they finished the song she had tears streamed down her face and ran up to Charlie and engulfed him in a large hug like she were to never let go.

"I love you guys so much, thank you."

|
|
|
Edited August 2, 2018