0.0.2

•HARRY POV•

Today will be a better day than yesterday. The look on Damsel's little innocent face was as heartbreaking as it looked in person when I finally told her the news that cracked the family's heart more than it was for me to hear it myself. Another year of my deployment.

Flashyback

"Who was on the phone?" Damsel asks while taking another bite of her lasagna.

"Sugarplum," I say exasperatedly as Louis then gets quiet. Damsel looks in between the two of us; back and forth. She waits, still looking quizzical as to why we are so suddenly quiet. "Papa has to go away for a little while."

"When?" Her face gets a little red and she is on the verge of tears, just like Louis had been a little while ago.

"In 10 days," she gets out of her seat dropping her fork on her plate and runs over to me, clutching to my side needing me more than ever. I pick her up and set her on my lap letting her straddle me and burry her tear stained face in my neck. She lays her head down and starts crying  more, understanding my soon departure.

"No, papa," she sobs harder and grips my shirt in her tiny little hands in a needing way against me. "No, don't leave me."

She looks up at me and I pick her up, setting her on my hip, and set my way over to the staircase and walk up while Louis follows on tow, questioning my actions undoubtedly. I sat her on her bed gracefully and grab her blue and white striped suitcase and start packing her clothes and a swimsuit.

"Harry," Louis sobs still tearful from our conflicting conversation. "Harry, what are you doing?"

I keep packing and look over to the two to see Louis holding Damsel tight to his side fearfully of why I'm all of a sudden packing my daughter's suitcase at 8:39 pm. She clutches to him still crying as well as her father that's holding her. "We're going to Disneyland tomorrow and we will ride a ride as a family."

"But it was set for next week," Louis says a bit above a whisper. I look at Damsel whom still is clutching to Louis but looking at me not crying anymore but with red eyes and splotchy cheeks. I guess I could be crazy for doing this but I guess being crazy while keeping my family happy will have to be my next step in keeping them happy.

"I don't care," I breath almost done packing her clothing that would be needed for our trip that I've been waiting and dreaming to do for so long. "I will do things with Damsel that I haven't done yet, the stuff that I've missed while she was growing."

"O-okay," Louis replies sitting Damsel on her feet and crouching down next to her. "I'll be in my room with papa and you can come to us if you need anything, okay love?"

She nods her head and walks over to me just as I zip up her suitcase and put it by her room door. She engulfs me in a hug, whispering, "I love you papa."

"I love you, too sugarplum," I say smiling while hugging her. I kiss Damsel's head and pick her up and set her on her bed and tuck in the small fragile frame that lays beneath the blankets. "Night sugarplum."

"Night papa," I walk out the room and shut the light off and closed the door lightly to not frighten her figure from sleep.

End of Flashyback

We're now in the airport waiting for our flight to board after the hectic call I made this morning, demanding for a flight change.