Chapter 3

(Y/n)'s POV

"Come on, Leo! Eat your bacon and eggs quickly! Don't want to be late for school do you?" I say as I brush my teeth. "No! I don't! I've been late so many times that if I'm late they'll call my parents! Wait...you make breakfast?" Leo questions. I spit and wash out my mouth. "YES! NOW GO EAT!" I yell. "YOUR COOKING IS THE BEST!!" Leo screams as he runs down stairs to eat. I laugh at his silliness and get dressed.

I grab my backpack and my electronic bag before heading down stairs

I grab my backpack and my electronic bag before heading down stairs. "I made lunch as well." I say giggle as I watch my best friend pig out on my food. He stops in his tracks. "You what?" He asked surprised. I smile and set down my bags. Walking into the kitchen I walk out holding two bentos. (A/n: bento is a Japanese lunch box for whom didn't know.)

Leo gasps and grins widely. "Yay! You're the best!!" He cheers. I laugh at his reaction but then stop when I remember his arm. "Before we leave, I need to change your bandages." I say. "Won't we be late?" Leo asks. I shake my head. "I just said that so I could get you out of bed. We still have about 45 minutes before school starts." I say. "You meany!" He wines. I laugh and in wrap his arm. "We can worry about the dishes when we get back." I say. Leo nods. "Hey, (y/n)?" He asks softly. I hum as I throw away the bloody bandages.

"I'm kinda scared about going to school." He says. I grab the first aid kit and walk back to him. "Oh? And why's that?" I ask even though I know what he's about to say. "Well, today is pull up day in gym and-" I cut him off. "You're worried about your arm. I know. That's why I thought ahead and was able to print doctor notes last night. As long as your arm isn't healed you can say that your arm was damaged by falling out of a tree. And if he doesn't buy it, pull out the doctor note. The gym teacher can refuse you then." I say smirking and cleaning his wounds again. "Thank you! You truly are the bestest of all friends!" Leo exclaims.

"Bestest isn't a word, Leo. But you are welcome. I wouldn't do this for anyone who I didn't know. You know that I care for you deeply." I say as I wrap his arm up. "Because I was the only one who understood and was there for you when you needed it. I know. And the same goes for me. We're a team! Nothing will change that!" Leo says smiling. I smile back and hug him. "Now, do you want me to get your backpack from your place?" I ask. "Please?" Leo asks with puppy eyes. I roll mine and let go of the hug. "Ok, I'll be back in a sec." I say before walking upstairs to my room.

Walking over to my window, I open it and jump out. I land on a sturdy branch and hop to the window sill of Leo's room. Because it was unlocked, I was able to open it and crawl inside. Making sure to not make noise, I grab his bag and hop out the window again. Once I close my window and his, I go back down stairs and hand Leo his bag. "Let's get to school." I say as I grab my bags.

~~~~~~~~
A/n: I have a feeling that this book is gonna be a slow burn.