Chapter 40

Leo's POV

"Where are we going?" I ask as I follow (y/n) out of the woods. It's been about a week since the Hunter incident and now I'm following the most amazing girl to who knows where. "Shopping." She replied.

I had noticed that she grabbed a big wad of cash before leaving home. "Shopping, why?" I ask. The sound of like a village came to my ears. "Take a guess." (Y/n) replies as a farmer's market came to view.

"Food? We have food at home though." I say confused. "Sure, canned stuff, a few week old stuff, and snacks but I want some fresh ingredients." She says and starts browsing the farmer's market.

'Shopping for fresh ingredients, no wonder she's not in her normal attire and asked me to dress casually..' Today she put on a pair of Jean shorts, a tank top with sneakers and a purse. I just put on a tshirt and pants.

(Y/n) continues to browse the market, going to each booth. Buying some corn on the cob, berries, apples, oranges, a few jars of jelly, and flower. At this point, I'm helping by carrying all the bags.

Some farmers starts whispering. "They look cute together, do you think they're a couple?" "Maybe... they look like it and I highly doubt they're siblings.." Of course, (y/n) can hear all of this but she only smiles slightly and continues shopping.

'She's using it to act normal or something. Clever.' We stop at a booth for a honey farmer and (y/n)'s eyes lit up at the sight. "RAW HONEYCOMB HERE! GET SOME RAW HONEYCOMB! THE SWEETEST HONEY YOU COULD EVER HAVE!" The farmer yells.

"YOU THERE! EVER HAD RAW HONEYCOMB?!" He asks. (Y/n) shakes her head. "No, but do you sell some honeycomb without the larva?" She says. "We sure do, young lady! Thinking of buying some?!"

She nods. I sigh and wait for her to be done. A certain shop catches my eye as I look away. "Homemade jewelry?" I read out loud. My feet start moving, carrying me to the booth. "Hello, young man! Interested in buying some homemade jewelry for a loved one or yourself?" The lady asks.

I nod to her question. "Do you have anything with a sweet? Like a cookie or cake or something like that?" I ask. She nods and shows me some rings and necklaces, along with matching earrings.

After making my purchase with some pocket money, hid my gift in my pocket. (Y/n) then walks over with a jar of honey, and a large box. "Hey, I'm done here. Let's go home." She says and starts walking to the woods.

I follow with all the bags of the other purchases. "How much honey did you buy??" I asked. "One jar and 2 raw honeycomb without larva. The jar came with a dipper too." She says.

(Y/n)'s POV

'HONEEEEEYY~!' I was squealing happily in my head cause I got something sweet. While going home, the walk was silent but I think Leo could tell that I was happy.

~~~~~~~~~
A/n: here's your update!