Old friend and cutness overload

AN- almost 90 reads omg in only two and a half weeks wow 😁

You text Colby...

You: I'm done

Colby: k I'll be right over

You: hurry I'm impatient

(On your walk)
''Wow this town is full of life'' you say mesmerized by all of the people ''well that's-'' you look at him encouraging him to continue ''I've got nothing'' he says shaking his after sighing. From someone behind you, you hear the wolf whistle (if you don't know what that is hear is a clip)

It was the best one I could find 🤣

You both turn quickly around to face the direction of the person who whistled (Colby looks mad) ''Ryland...?'' You say surprised. Ryland nods ''y/n!'' And holds out his arms to hug you. You hug him and he twirls you around a couple times, then stops when he sees Colby's expression. He sets you down and you walk back over to Colby who wraps his arm around you protectively. ''Don't worry dude, I'm gay'' Ryland says smiling at Colby. You feel Colby's body go less tense, but keeps his arm around you. ''God, it's been so long since I've seen you... when was the last time?'' you ask trying to remember then he says ''grade nine? Oh wait I remember... my going away party'' you remember now ''oh yeah... how could I forget. Wait didn't you play seven minutes in heaven with Drew and make-out with Garrett?'' He smiles widely ''yes but wait! Guess who I'm dating now'' ''Ryland... I watch a lot of YouTube, I already know your dating freaking Shane Dawson''. (Ryland is four or five years older than you so 24-25 and Shane is 26-27) ''wait... so your actually gay?'' Colby asks confused. You hit his arm and Ryland nods and smiles nervously ''I'm just gonna go now...you seem like you two are busy... see you around y/n'' he gives you a quick hug then walks away. You turn to Colby and raise your eyebrows for an explanation ''I was just asking...I thought he was kidding'' you turn around and start walk further down the street when you see an animal shelter.
''Colby, can we please go look at the dogs please?'' Before he can answer you run off towards the shelter, you hear him running after you.

(In the shelter)