Chapter 5 | The Note

Start from the beginning

"Come on, Cam!" I said in response to his snarky comment, rolling my eyes. I flicked the back of his head with my fingers.

We headed down the elevator together in our pajamas. Luckily, we weren't given any weird looks. I was wearing some joggers and a t-shirt that could be considered a normal outfit and Cameron was wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt as well, mom was wearing pajama pants and a matching shirt.

All of us got some food that was provided at the hotel. Cameron got some waffles with too much syrup and some orange juice. My Mom got some cereal with milk, a banana, and a coffee. I got some powdered doughnuts with tea and some chocolate covered doughnuts as well. We ate away and went back to our hotel room to get into some bathing suits. Cam had some blue swimming trunks, my mom had a plain and basic one-piece suit, and I had a two piece, high waisted bathing suit that had polka dotted ruffles on the top.

It was super cute!

We headed out of the hotel with our bathing suit covers on. I just had shorts and a kimono that went down to my hips and my mom had a full cover, Cam just put on a shirt.

As we were walking out of hotel, some random guy did the worst thing. He checked me out and started walking in my direction. He smelled of beer and cigarettes. He had long brown hair that was sloppily cut and was wearing a surfing t shirt. Cam started running off, so my mom followed him.

"Hey pretty girl, what you up to?" I heard a random guy say in front of me.

"I'm about to walk away from you, bye creep." I put on my black sun hat and started walking away from him.

"I thought you would like to come over to my place and grab a beer."

"I've got better things to do." He grabbed my wrist with a strong grip, causing me to be unable to get away.

"Get off of me." I said through my gritted teeth.

"Why would I do that pretty girl? Huh, baby?" He groped me as I pushed against his chest.

"Please just leave me alone!" Tears started streaming down my cheeks, I then swung at him in the head with my other arm. I missed. He swung a punch and hit me in the face, my lip was now bleeding. I tried again and my fist landed on his unshaven face. His head jerked in the other direction, leaving a bruise on his cheek. I called 911 as soon as possible and some other people near by got wind of the situation and held him down, so he couldn't escape. I was in tears now, on the ground curled up into a ball. I just wanted my Mom. After I was done crying, I worked up the strength to called my mom.

"Mom?" My voice was shaking.

"Honey, is everything okay, I'm sorry I left you, it's just that your brother ran off and I had to get him... Where are you sweety?"

"Outside the hotel."

"I'm coming as fast as I can. Love you, bye."

"Bye." I said in almost a whisper.

The police arrived shortly and soon after, my Mom came back with Cameron. The police took the man in for further questions about the assault and told us to head to the police station nearby to tell the police what went down. My Mom called a lyft to take us there.

"My baby, I'm so sorry I left you behind, I I just had to get Cameron..." I cut her off with my words and she put me in an embrace.

"It's okay Mom, it's okay." Cameron gave me a hug as well.

We arrived to the police station; we walked in and walked towards a police officer.

"You must be the girl from the hotel."

"Yeah... I am," I said in a whisper.

"Would you mind if I asked a few questions?"

"Go on ahead..." my voice trailed off. I followed her into a more private room.

The police finished asking questions and said we were free to go but will contact us for further information about court. The police officer walked over to some of the witnesses that I reconized from pinning him down earlier. He started asking them questions.

My Mom told the lyft driver to drive us to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital and we told the driver that we would need a ride back to the hotel as well, he agreed to wait for us.  We walked in to get my face checked out and the nurse cleaned the area that I was punched in and patched it up.

"Thanks Nurse... ehh, Cidney?"

"Yeah, of course, sweetheart. It was really bad, I'm glad you went to the hospital. What happened??

I explained to her what happened and I thanked her again before we left.

The lyft driver, his name was Max, dropped us off at the hotel. My Mom pulled out her wallet so she could pay.

"Don't worry about it, it looks like your day has been rough."

"Thank you, you're so kind."

"Of course." He nodded with a smile and drove off.

All of us gathered together and walked to the beach to enjoy the rest of the day in the summer sun.

Wow guys, that part was crazy!!! I think it added some character to the story and some adventure too. I hope you guys liked it. Byeeeeeeeee