Lost ~ 16

~One Month Later~

Today, My Dad and Shawn come back from L.A and I'm so excited! Even though My Mom's been at home with me, I felt alone as I have a closer relationship with My Dad. My Mom and I have been waiting at the airport for over an hour and a half. A few minutes later, I saw My Dad walk over to us followed by Shawn. I ran straight into My Dad's arms and hugged him tightly.

I spoke "Welcome home Dad. I missed you so much Dad"

He replied with "I missed you so much as well Princess"

We stayed in each others arms for about another few minutes then I heard Shawn clear his throat.

He asked "No welcome back hug for me?"

I let got of My Dad and hugged Shawn even tighter. I heard a camera go off and I knew it was My Dad snapping a quick picture so I smiled onto Shawn's chest as I'm 5'6 and he's 6'2.

I responded with "Welcome home Shawn. I missed you too"

He answered with "I missed you too Baby"

He planted a small, short kiss on my forehead before we pulled apart. I got a notification though and it read

'andrewgertler has just posted'

'andrewgertler has just tagged you in a post'

'12 people have commented on a post your tagged in'

'6,345 people have liked a post your tagged in'

andrewgertler:

6,345 likes  12 comments

tagged: @ells_gertler_x and @shawnmendes

andrewgertler: My daughter, @ells_gertler_x welcoming my newest client, @shawnmendes home from L.A
ells_gertler_x: I missed you Dad, so glad your home ❤
andrewgertler: I missed you too Princess 👑❤
mendes_lover_xx: What about Shawn????
mendes_98__: I agree with @mendes_lover_xx
shawnmendes: I feel hurt 😂❤
ells_gertler_x: I missed you too Shawn and I'm glad your home ❤
aaliyahmende.s: My favourite couple 😘😘
ells_gertler_x: Thx Aaliyah @aaliyahmende.s
brad_fire_: What do you mean by Daughter Dad? 😥 I'm Canada and I'm coming round
ells_gertler_x: What do you mean Dad @brad_fire_ ??? 😑
andrewgertler: I'll explain later @ells_gertler_x and @brad_fire_
mendes_army_unite__: awkward 😑😑

I hope My Dad does explain because I'm as confused as ever. Do My Parents have another child and didn't tell me? Did they not tell their other child about me? I shook the thoughts out of my head and held Shawn's hand and walked to the car. It was a long, awkward journey to Shawn's house. When we arrived, I kissed his soft lips then we drove home. When I arrived home, I headed straight up to my room and closed the door shut. I placed around my room with so many thoughts racing through my mind which felt like it was going to explode any minute now. I ran my fingers through my hair and then sat on my bed.

I needed to get out of the house so I headed to Shawn's and when I got there, I told him about me possibly having a brother.

He spoke "Baby, maybe they didn't want to tell you because they didn't want to shock or scare you"

I replied with "Maybe but they still should've told me"

He embraced me in a long hug then we sat on the sofa and talked for a while. An hour or so later, I headed home and saw My Parents sitting on the sofa with a tallish (5'10) blonde haired, brown eyed guy wearing a white tee, ripped, blue jeans and converse sitting opposite them.

My Dad spoke "Sit down Princess, we need to talk"

I sat down and My Mom spoke "Ellie, this is your older brother Bradley. Bradley, this is your younger sister, Ellie and she's been living with us for a year now as we adopted her and Bradley's been living in New York so you haven't met or seen him"

My Dad continued with "We we're going to tell you but we didn't get round to it. We hope you'll forgive us for not telling you both sooner and hopefully, we can be a proper family with no more secrets"

I looked at Bradley then nodded and so did he. My Parents left us two alone and it was awkward silence until he broke the ice.

He asked "How old are you Ellie?"

I responded with "18, how about you?"

(A/N: Ellie is now 18 as when Freddie came out of hospital, she turned 18 but I forgot to mention sorry 😥❤)

He replied with "24"

He then asked "Just out of interest, why did My, sorry Our Parents adopt you?"

I awnsered with "My real parents and brother died, they actually got murdered"

He spoke "I'm so sorry"

I stated "Don't be, that was a year and three months ago anyway"

We talked for a while and really bonded then an hour later, Our Parents came back into the room and we all laughed, talked and caught up on everything. It was truly wonderful. Who'd think I'd ever have another family yet alone another brother?

A/N:

Hey Guys!!!!

Sorry this chapter is out late, I was intending on publishing it at 7/8pm last night but I didn't get home from Scotland until Midnight (after dropping 3 family friends home)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will be publishing a lot more often now but I unfortunately go back to school on Tuesday, 5th September

Love you all ❤❤❤❤❤❤