Lost ~ 6

I was woken up at 8am by my phone buzzing signaling that I had notification through. I picked up my phone only to realise that it from Shawn

From Shawn ❤: Hey Ellie, Hope I didn't wake you. I was wondering if you'd like to go to the coffee house with me. That's if your not busy x

I responded with

To Shawn ❤: Hey Shawn, No you didn't wake me. That sounds great! How about I meet you there in two hours?

He replied with

From Shawn ❤: Ok, Should I pick you up?

I anwsered with

To Shawn ❤: Erm.. nope, I'll make my own way there

He replied with

From Shawn ❤: Ok. See ya!

I then placed my phone down and headed to the bathroom for a quick shower then I picked out a crop top, skinny jeans and Nike trainers. Afterwards, I applied some mascara, conceler and foundation before grabbing my bag and heading out of the front door. Jenifer knows where I'm going so she won't be worried.

A few minutes later, I arrived at the coffee house and I saw Shawn sitting at a booth so I walked over and joined him. He was wearing a hard rock café t-shirt with black jeans and all star black converse. He hugged me and I hugged him back.

I asked "Why did you want to meet here?"

He spoke "I want to get to know you Ellie in the hope we can be friends or even best friends"

I responded with "I like the sound of that"

The waiter came over and took our order. I ordered a chai green tea latte with a chocolate cookie and Shawn ordered a mocha with a chocolate chip muffin.

I asked "So tell me about yourself Shawn?"

He stated "Like what?"

I spoke "Like your background, your family, e.ct"

He responded with "Well, I've lived in Canada all my life. My Mom is a real estate agent and My Dad is a business man. I have a sister who is amazing but sometimes annoying and I like to play soccer and in my free time, I sing"

I nodded then I spoke "I've lived in Canada all my life. My Parents and Brother are dead, My Best Friends name is Freddie, I live in a foster home and in my free time, I sit on my bed and draw as well as talking with to Freddie"

Afterwards, our order came and then we ate our food, drank our drinks then we spent the rest of the day talking and getting to know each other better. We then headed home but we went in opposite directions after we got to the Adelaide Street. He went left and I went right.

When I got back to the foster home, Jenifer looked excited and I didn't know why.

She spoke "I have a surprise for you"

I asked "W-What is it?"

She took my hand and led me to her office and I saw a couple. A 5'7, brown haired, blue eyed woman and a 5'9, brown haired, brown eyed man wearing glasses were waiting.

I asked "What's going on?"

Jenifer spoke "Ellie, this is Claire Gertler and Andrew Gertler and they want to adopt you"

I asked "I-Is this a joke?"

Claire spoke "No dear"

I replied with "Wow! I-I'm speechless"

Jenifer spoke "They want to take you to their home on Saturday and spend the day with them and after Halloween, they want to adopt you"

I spoke "Thank you"

I then left and texted Freddie and Shawn telling them the amazing news.

To Freddie 🏆: Hey! I'm getting adopted!!!!!!!

To Shawn ❤: I'm getting adopted!!!!!!!!!

They replied with

From Shawn ❤: That's amazing!!!!

From Freddie 🏆: Congratulations!!!

I then placed my phone down and laid on my bed and I can't believe that I'm actually getting adopted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!