Lost ~ 5

~Sunday~
Today is the funeral, the day I have to admit to myself their gone and the day I'll never forget. I woke up at 8am and got showered then I got dressed into this lovely black dress:

 I woke up at 8am and got showered then I got dressed into this lovely black dress:

Then I slid on my matching heels and looked at myself in the mirror. An hour later, Freddie arrived and he came up to my room. When I saw him, I just couldn't help but cry in his arms for a bit. Good job I'm not wearing make-up. He delactely stroked my hair

He then whispered "Everything will be fine... I promise"

He kissed my head before we pulled apart. We then made our way to the church and soon guest were pouring in giving me their condolences. A woman with brown hair and brown eyes came walking up and I didn't recognize her one bit which is odd because I recognize all her other friends. 

The woman spoke "Hi, I'm Karen Mendes. I'm a close friend of your Mom's. I'm so sorry for your loss"

I replied with "Thank you Karen"

I handed her a booklet then as she was the last guest, I followed her inside.

~PLAY VIDEO NOW FOR REST OF CHAPTER (IF YOU WANT)~

At 11am sharp, a thousand years by Christina Perri was playing as the coffins were brought down the isle. This was the song My Parents danced to at their wedding. Once they were at the front open, the music continued throughout and family were placing items in each coffin. Before I knew it, it was my turn to give my speech. I walked up to the front and just looked at the coffins then froze and walked out until I came to the church entrance.

I then heard someone say "Excuse me? Are you ok?"

Crying, I turned around and responded with "No, I-I'm lost"

The boy was 6'2 and had golden brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. His jawline was sharp so it must be able to cut wood.

He spoke "What do you mean your lost?"

I anwsered with "I'm lost because I've lost both My Parents and Brother and it was all my fault because I didn't save them. I stood in the doorway listening to them cry and beg for mercy. I'm supposed to give a speech but I can't even do that without tears pouring from my eyes every god damn second and the worst part is, after today I have to accept the fact that their gone and I won't be able to get them back and that hurts"

He came closer and wrapped his muscular arms around me and I cried on his chest for a while.

I  then pulled away then asked "What's your name?"

He spoke "Shawn, Shawn Mendes. Yours?"

I responded with "Ellie, Ellie Michaels"

He replied with "Well then Ellie Michaels, Let's go back in there, you give your speech and I'll support you... I promise"

I stated "Ok Shawn"

He took my hand in his and we both walked back inside and I walked up to the front and apologied for what happened then took a deep breath.

I spoke "T-Thank you all for coming today. My Parents and Brother would've appreciated how many of you are here and how many of you cared and loved for them as much as I did. I was never the perfect daughter or sister as I'd always yell at them but I never got to tell them I love them and it's not until they went that I knew I loved them more than anyone else in the world"

I walked over to My Mom's coffin, placed a kiss on her forehead.

I continued "My Mom gave me this teddy bear when I first started middle school and I was scared of what lied ahead so I give My Mom back this bear and let her have it so she's not scared of what lies head"

I walked over to My Dad's coffin then spoke "My Dad gave me this me this locket for my 16th birthday and I've never taken it of until now. So Dad, have it as I'll always be in your heart and you'll always be in mine"

Finally, My Brother's coffin.

I spoke "Joe, wasn't the best brother, he was an amazing brother. He gave me his lucky gym sock when I had my music exam and I was stressing alot. So I give him his lucky gym sock back as he doesn't have to stress anymore"

I placed roses in their coffins because they were My Mom's favorite flower and there my favourite flower.

I finished in tears with "S-So thank y-you to e-everyone for c-coming and s-show your l-loved ones h-how much y-you love t-them"

I walked back to my seat in tears and then they were burried. I saw Freddie leave so I ran after him.

I asked "Where you going? You promised you stay and you'll support me today"

He replied with "That was before you were hugging that guy and before he told you what I said but in different words and when you hold his hand"

I spoke "He came after me when you didn't. I was too upset to think straight and let go of his hand"

Freddie stated "I'm so sorry that I didn't come after you. But I need to go as My Mom needs me"

I nodded then saw Shawn and walked over to him.

I spoke "Thank you Shawn"

He asked "What for?"

I replied with "For the speech you gave me out here, for comforting me and for supporting me"

He responded with "No worries, I kept my promise and I always keep my promises"

We exchanged phone numbers then he leaned in and placed a soft, shirt kiss on my check"

To be honest, I blushed then he spoke "I've got to go now but I'll see you around Ellie Michaels"

I anwsered with "I'll see you around Shawn Mendes"

He then left and once everyone left, I left and went back to the foster home and when I arrived, I headed straight up to my room and kicked off my shoes then laid there, stunned about what happened. Tears of sadness came as I was upset once more but I was smiling as I was happy after Shawn kissed me.

*Shawn's POV*
I think I'm falling for Ellie Michaels even though I don't know her that well. Maybe I'll text her tomorrow and see if she wants to hang out as in a date or something.