Chapter 6- Lily

Warm glows off a candle turned the room an orange-yellow colour. Smells of soup filled the air. Snow brushed against the windows. Blue curtains hung perfectly in line. White carpet spotless. Door forced slightly open with a dressing gown hung on the top. I looked down at my bandaged leg, scared of what could have been under the pearl white cotton wool that covered my wound. I stretched my leg out in front of me and stared for a few moments. I took a deep breath and pulled at the wool. My leg was covered in stitches from the above my knee to my ankle. Feeling relief as I still had my leg in one piece, I wrapped the cotton wool bandage back around my leg. The door slowly creaked open. Lucy appeared.

"You're awake!" She yelled as she ran towards me. She flung herself on to the bed and wrapped her arms around me. The touch of her warm hands sent a sharp pain through my back. I howled in pain. She moved away, "I'm so sorry."

"Its fine, what happened?" I questioned.

"You got an attacked by a wolf." She replied. I started getting flash backs of the attack, the way it bit through my leg and snarled.

"Where are we?" I said.

"We are at a cabin deep in to the forest. A man called Oliver lives here with his son, Will. Oliver fixed your leg." She told me.

"How did I get away from the wolf?" I questioned her.

"I found you and shot it" Lily said looking rather confident.

A deeper voice but slightly familiar echoed through the room.

"Oh so your finally awake then?" He said smiling in a jokey tone.

"Finally? Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Will. You have been asleep for two weeks, we weren't sure if you were going to wake up." He said with a concerned look on his face.

"The bite on your leg got infected. You almost had blood poising." Lucy informed me.

"Oh..." I didn't know what to say at this point. "Will, do you mind if I speak to my sister?"

"Sure. Go a head." He said as he was eyeballing Lucy.

"Alone!" I replied. Will nodded and backed out of the room. Smiling at Lucy.

"Who is he? What have I missed?" Lucy's face turned a little bit pink. "You like him, don't you?" I joked.

"No I don't. She said sounding embarrassed.

"How do you know him?" I asked her.

"Well I meet him that night you were attacked by the wolf. I heard footsteps and panicked, so when I saw him, I hit him with a rock and stole his gun." Lucy told me.

"You hit him, and stole his gun? How did you get him to help us?" I asked her, with a confused looked on my face.

"Well, he doesn't know I'm the one that hit him." She told me. I giggled and then she started laughing. It was as if nothing has ever happened and we were back at home. I wished we were back at home. The laughter soon disappeared into silence. "Anyway you should get some rest." Lucy said with a calming tone.

"I don't think I need any more rest to be honest since I have been asleep for two weeks." I told her. Before I even got to the end of the sentence she was already out of the room. I was sat on my own in the dark.

I woke up the next morning after a night of uneasy dreams. I sat up and looked out of the window. The ground was completely covered in white fluffy snow. The white feathery snowflakes were slowly dancing past the window. I sat up straight and looked to the left of me. A big bowl of what smelt like chicken soup was placed on the bedside cabinet next to me. I reached out a shaky pale hand and picked up the cream bowl. Placing it carefully on to my lap, making sure I didn't spill any of the content. I dipped the small silver spoon into the bowl. I pulled the spoon up to my noise and with a deep inhale I smelt the warm soup. The sweet smell teased all of my senses. I slowly placed the spoon in my mouth. I let the soup swim around in my mouth for a bit before I swallowed. I chewed on the roasted carrots, the soup sent flavors through my taste buds I haven't experienced in a very long time. I swallowed the soup. The warmth gently rubbed itself against my chest as it trickled down my throat and into my stomach. After the first bite the rest of the soup was finished in moments.