Chapter Forty-Nine; The Truth Unravels

-Harry's POV-

"Michael." There he was standing right in front of me with a red solo cup in his hand filled with cheap beer. I haven't seen him in almost ten years and he looks almost the same, yet older. His face structure has changed a bit, his eyes are more wary. He has a scruffy beard, and his hair could be cut or washed. When I thought of catching up with my brother a few years ago I had no idea it would be the way it is right now.

He stood there looking at me, like I was some sort of baby being left on the front porch. I thought one day I would say that I missed him, and that's what I first thought when he left but now I know he's a pathetic piece of shit who deserves to die. Before I could say another word or him himself. I took a leap forward and grabbed him by the neck pinning him up against the wall. Everyone around us was either to high, drunk or both to even notice nor care what was happening.

"Wow." Michael started to cough up. "you sure have been working out since the last time I we talked huh?" At this point I was more then angry with him. He has put so much shit on me and I just want all this shit on my shoulders to come falling off.

"Why?" I asked him knowing he might not answer since I was choking the shit out of him. He was quite scrawnier then I remembered. But at that time he was about 6'2" and a fuck lot taller than me.

I put him down and let him catch his breath. I pushed him on the ground as he bumped into a few people making them spill their beer. "What are you talking about?"

"Why the fuck are you working for them, and ruining my life?"

"Ruining my life?" He scoffed and slowly got up, dusting the dirt that had gotten on his clothes. "You told our parents that I was doing drugs."

"Cause you were or are! I wasn't going to take the fall for a a piece of shit like you." He has brought me through so much since he left. He doesn't even deserve to live right now. I've thought for a while what I would do if I ever got the chance to see him again. I thought we could handle this rationally. Using words not fist.

I was using words but I had added fist. I wasn't sure what he was capable besides ruining my life. I shouldn't be pounding the shit out of him right now but it's the only thing that helps at the moment. What would Miranda say or do if she was here right here right now. She would probably try to stop me from hurting this son of a bitch. Yet she doesn't know the torture he out me though.

"I wasn't the one on drugs Harry, it was our father!" He yelled back out at me. He was lying our father would never do such a thing-

I stopped for a second. My fist holding back from smashing his face into a billion pieces. I got up from off of him and let him stand up to explain himself. Not that I would ever believe him in a million years. He slowly got up and dusted himself off. "What are you talking about? I saw you in the bathroom and you begged me not to tell mum!"

"Exactly mum! Who was the only one scared of her in the house!?"

"No." I didn't want to believe it. I already knew that he was on the run for a murder but I didn't want to believe he did it. I don't want to believe this either. Dad was long gone by the time mum had confronted Michael about using drugs. She was already so devastated from dad just leaving in the middle of the night, that yelling at Michael only killed her more.

"Harry you have to believe me." He said calmly.

"Why should I? And why are you working with Jerome?"

"Jerome? As in..."

I nodded my head. Jerome was the name of the person who is known for killing your love ones when he doesn't get what he wants from you. I don't know why he's going after Miranda but I bet it has to do with Michael. "I haven't talked to him in years. Why?"

"He's been calling Mirand-" I was about to finish her name but I didn't want to have to explain myself to him. he would only ask who she was and I don't need him to know about her right now.

"Mirand?"

"Never mind, someone who is very close to me that's all."

I started to walk outside as I heard the footsteps of Michael following me. I didn't want anyone who wasn't sober to hear what I had to say. I walked towards my car and I sat on the hood. "Is this..." Michael looked around the car inspecting it closely. "Dad's car?"

"Yeah I'm surprised you know. Since when Dad and I were working on it, you were out with Jerome." Jerome and Michael use to be friends. Yet Jerome was ten years older then Michael. Dad and mum never thought he was a good influence on Michael and boy were they right.

One day Jerome went nuts and he ended up killing his entire family. At least that's what my mother had told me at the time. Telling me never to be like him and always be a good boy. No one knows why he did, but all we know is if he ask you to join his gang you join. And if you don't say goodbye not to your life, but the life of your loved ones. I was assuming that's why mum and Gemma died. Yet I never understood why he didn't kill me right then and there on the spot.

My world was turned upside down. From my father running away, to Michael being kicked out to my my mother and Gemma's murder. Me being thrown behind bars, for something I never even did. I assumed that Michael had joined his group once he got kicked out and something happened that is what caused Jerome to come after us.

"I haven't seen Jerome in almost ten years. Cause he died ten years ago due to drug overdose."

And that changed my whole perspective on things.

"Then who has been calling?" I asked quietly to myself. I guess not low enough since Michael answered my question. "Who, who is calling who?" I assumed he wanted to know who I've been talking about. If he had any other information he just might end up knowing even sooner.

So all I know right now is that my dad is on runaway for killing the detective's wife. Michael wasn't doing drugs. I have no clue who killed my mum and Gemma. And the person who I assumed who did died over ten years ago before it even happened. So far I know nothing...