Chapter Twenty-One; Homecoming

-Harry's POV-

I watched as Perrie drove away, leaving Miranda outside on the cold, alone. I looked from a distance from Zayn's car, as he was in the drivers seat. It hurt so bad to see her like this, she looked awfully confused and terrified. I didn't even tell her goodbye. I'm an ass, but that's the way this has be done. I had left her with no exclamation no warning, but only having Perrie dump her in front of her house. I saw as she put the note I had written her into her jean coat pocket.

I feel terrible knowing the police are going to harass her now and ask where I went, and what happened. I looked at Zayn signaling for him to hit the road before we get caught.  

Goodbye Miranda.

-Miranda's POV-

I started to walk up the driveway to my fathers house. My hands were in my pocket protecting them from the cold. I was flabbergasted, he didn't even tell me goodbye. Yet I should've seen this coming. He's the bad boy a.k.a the ass hole and I'm the good girl. It's how it's always gonna be. I walked towards the house and noticed there was a police car in the driveway. Probably asking or telling more information on my where a bouts. 

The entire time as I walked up the cobble stone path to the front door I just pictured the last expression I imagined on Harry's face. It was just cold if some how I had betrayed him but he only betrayed me. I wonder if it was the fact that I had brought up what was going on between us. I mean you can't blame a girl for asking, I was confused and still am. Or maybe now this was his way of obeying my wishes to go home. I've asked everyday when I was gonna leave and I finally got my wish, I didn't think it was gonna be so soon though.

He didn't tell me a word goodbye though which I think only made this harder. I opened the front door and walked into the living room to find my mother, father, Vivian and Luke who was sitting on Vivian's lap in the living room their backs towards me. The police man was standing out with his note pad open and scribbling some wording on it.

"Mom, dad?" I asked, my voice echoing through the silent room. Their heads jerked over to my location and my father stood up immediately. His eyes were blood shot if almost he hadn't slept in days.

The room was silent for a second before my mother stood up as well and ran over to me hugging me tightly, close to her body. She didn't let go for what seemed like ages. I held back not wanting to let her go either. Almost three weeks I've been without her, three weeks to many. I heard her mumble something under her breath but to low for my ears to recognize what it was. she started tearing up as she locked eyes with me.

"Hi mom." I smiled, she smiled back and she wiped the tears away.

"Where, why, how, what happened-"

"I'll tell you all later." I said, she nodded and let go of me, so now the only thing blocking me and my father was the couch that did not match the room at all. I smiled and walked towards him meeting him half way. He held tight on to me and whispered something in my ear. "I missed you so much." He rubbed his hand on my back in circles.

"Miss you too dad." He let go of me, and before I could even disagree Vivian came over and tackled me, hugging me maybe even tighter then my mother had only a few moments ago. I didn't hug back but only let my hands dangle from the side of my body.

"Is this your daughter sir?" The police man with the name tag 'Dave' said interrupting the moment.

"Yes thank you for all your help-" He started to show him the door before he stopped in his tracks.

"But sir I have questions to ask-"

"Not now you don't." My dad said shoving him out the front door and locking the it. I giggled and he came over and hugged me again tightly. I missed these moments. Not the moments of getting kidnapped but just hugging my dad which I don't get to do that often.

"Oh my, you must be starved!" Vivian said rushing into the kitchen. I followed her in and told her I was greatly fed, and I was completely fine. They all started to clutter me with all these questions but none not even one asked about Harry. Like he didn't even exist, it was all me. I didn't even want to talk about me.

The questions kept coming in and some even being repeated. "I'm so happy you weren't hurt." My father said expecting my body for bruises.

"I'm fine dad, Harry took really good care of me." He stiffened at his name.

"Harry, right. Where-"

"Wish I knew myself. He kind of had a friend dump me off here." They didn't ask anymore questions besides that one. After a few hours on talking and telling them all about what you could call a wild adventure, I had decided to go upstairs and take a nap.

I walked upstairs into the hallway and half way opened my door before noticing Harry's room at the end of the hallway that always seems to be shut. I looked both ways and down the stairs before finding myself opening the door to Harry's room. Once I opened it, the room was almost empty, beside the sheetless bed and his stereo and endless supply of CD's. They probably had empty to look for some sort of clue or evidence in where we might be. I grabbed one of the CD's at the top of the stack on his empty desk and tucked into my jean jacket pocket.

I walked back to my room and shut my door, locking it. I walked over to my stereo in the corner of my room and plopped the disc in. I hit play and hit a few tracks over. I sat on my bed looking out my window with my knees pressed up against my chest.

I never knew
I never knew that everything was falling through
That everyone I knew was waiting on a cue
To turn and run when all I needed was the truth
But that's how it's got to be
It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
I'd rather run the other way than stay and see
The smoke and who's still standing when it clears

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

Let's rearrange
I wish you were a stranger I could disengage
Just say that we agree and then never change
Soften a bit until we all just get along
But that's disregard
Find another friend and you discard
As you lose the argument in a cable car
Hanging above as the canyon comes between

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your ...

And suddenly I become a part of your past
I'm becoming the part that don't last
I'm losing you and it's effortless
Without a sound we lose sight of the ground
In the throw around
Never thought that you wanted to bring it down
I won't let it go down till we torch it ourselves

And everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

Everyone knows
She's on your mind
Everyone knows I'm in over my head
I'm in over my head
I'm over my...

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind
She's on your mind

I turned the music off as I heard a knock on my door. I walked over slowly unlocking it. My dad appeared and he entered my room. I sat down on my bed and he took a seat on the edge of the bed as well. The room was silent for a few seconds before his mouth opened.

"Harry."

"What about Harry?"

"I'm sorry I let him in this house, it was an awful-"

"Dad, it's fine. He was better then I thought." Despite the constant whiplashes and almost hitting me, oh and can't forget that he kidnapped me at your wedding, now can we?

"No it's-"

"He didn't do it."

"Didn't do what?"

"Rape and murder her, that girl."

"How do you-"

"I was there, he was framed."

"You were the-"

"Yes." and it seemed like I was answering all his questions before he could finish asking them. From what I had told him he didn't see to buy the story, and I can't say I blame him. The evidence that I've seen on T.V does not look to good in his favor.

"I swear when they lock him up, he's never coming out." and with that I knew he didn't believe me and he thought I was making it up. He stood up from off my bed and walked over to the door and before he shut it he looked at me.

"I missed you."

"Missed you too."

"By the way, you're going down to the station tomorrow for questioning." He smiled with a wink and then shut the door. That's the man I've came to known and love as my father Scott Olsen.

A|N: And I know this was a some what of a short chapter, sorry. Just got back from callbacks for Festival (explained the concept of festival in a few chapters back if you're wondering.) Now it's gonna be a while before Harry and Miranda see each other or have any contact. It will mostly be in Miranda's POV but I will have the occasional Harry's POV as well too.

Lot's coming up

Question of the chapter; Do you think what Harry did by dropping her off now, was the right thing to do? (ANSWER IN THE COMMENTS)

So if you would please;

Comment|Vote|Follow

Thank you ;D