Chapter Forty; Ready or Not, Here I Come

-Harry's POV-

I was pacing back and fourth waiting for Miranda to be done painting with whatever the hell she insisted on painting having me wait up here clueless of what was going on down there. I know I shouldn't be worrying like I am, but I don't know I just have this strange feeling. I walked into the living room trying to calm myself down. 

I turned on the T.V to see that my face was once again on the screen of the T.V. You think you would be happy to see yourself on the television. Just not in this way, wanted. Gemma use to dream of becoming famous and getting out of the small town we lived in. She never got to live that dream cause of the son of a bastard who killed her as long with my mother. 

The son of a bitch did not only take a way two life's but my spirits that once lived in me. I've swore to myself since the first day that I was imprisoned that I would fine the bastard. I'd get my revenge, I will. 

For now though I would only focus about the people in my life now that I care about. And that's only one person. Miranda of course. It's strange how one person can change your entire mood when they walk into the room. Just her presence alone could get me through the day. She's intoxicating. I'm gonna make her happy, cause seeing her happy makes me happy. The kind of happy where you don't know why your in a good mood but you just are. 

To make her happy, I'll accept her request. I'll make her mine. I keep saying this but never do anything about it. I know how girls are, they want more then a fling and at first that's all I thought I could offer her. That was before she left for nearly a month. But loosing a person for a period of time can just teach you of how much you'll miss them. And I sure as hell missed her. Now thinking I wouldn't want to go another day without her. I'm not big into relationship thing, hell I've never been in one. But knowing it will be with her, sounds good to me any day of the week.

The only way I can promise a relationship if I get the hell out of this whole mess. I need to find who ever framed me, and get me out of this. Get us out of this. For us, not just for me anymore. I don't think there was ever a me, when I kidnapped her that night. it's always been us and it always will be.

The front door open wide to reveal Zayn. "Ai mate."

"Hi." I mumbled under my breath not sure if he could hear me with such a low tone in my voice.

He took a seat next to me after taking off his leather jacket and throwing it onto the recliner across the room. He let out a sigh letting out a loud gasp, rubbing his eyes. "I swear her parents hate me." He said. 

"I know the feeling." I agreed. Her father must hate me. He took me under his wing to try to get me back around in the right direction for having a relapse after I got out.

"Like they want to murder me."

"Oh I'm sure they don't want to murder you mate." I said to try to boost him up. I know how Perrie's parents don't like him because of all his tattoos and piercings. I mean no father does. No man is ever good enough for anyone's daughter. I sure as hell not good enough for Miranda.

"Trust me they do. I went to drop her off, and her father gave me the worst snarl when I dropped her off at the front door."

"They'll get use to you."

"Ya think?"

"No but we can all hope, can't we?"

He let out a small laugh and we got to talking about a plan we had going on at the moment. Everything has been going so slow lately cause this person knows how to stay under the radar. We just need to pick something up and get our lazy asses up and get this guy.

"Are you sure it's even him?"

"I know it's him. He's been wanting me dead since the day I was born."

There's only one person who wants me dead the most, even more then detective Horan. And that would be my eldest brother Michael. I know, I've never mentioned that I have a brother. That's cause he's a worthless piece of shit that I could give a fuck about. He got kicked out of the house when I was nine, a year before the death of Gemma and my mother. And it's all my fault he swore he's get his revenge on me the day he packed up his bags and left. And I knew he would keep his promise.

Sometimes I wish someone would just give me all the answers to all these questions I have. Draw me a map, cheat-cheats or hit the 'game over' button. Why couldn't I have a normal life, like everyone else?

Then again, no one has a perfect life. Perrie's parents hate Zayn. I guess I could have that, oh wait- I do. I win in the contest of worst life. It's not all bad all the time. Not when I'm with her of course-

"Harry?" I heard Miranda call out for my name.

I looked back at the half opened basement door to see Miranda standing there leaning up against the wall. "-I'm done." I nodded and slowly got up. I was actually quite surprised she had finished this fast.

I followed her down stairs as she held my hand the entire time leading me to the space where she had painted. She had a cover pinned up to the wall to block it off, so I couldn't see it.

"Close your eyes." She insisted. I nodded and closed my eyes but when I peaked she was just looking at me laughing. She walked in front of me and smiled covering my eyes with her hand. 

I waited for a second to have her hand lift off my face but instead something pressed against my lips. They of course were hers. I'm pretty sure I liked this more then I was gonna like her painting. When she stepped back she had lifted her hand off, ripping off the white sheet revealing her painting.

There in front of me was a house, not any house. But my house. The house I had once lived in, where I slept as a child. It had every inch of detail as I could remember it. Even the whole missing on the front deck. "I thought since your house has been taken over by cops, you needed something to remember it."

It was beautiful, and I meant it too. And boy could she paint. "I love it."

"Really?"

"I do."

I sat down on the cold hard ground looking up at the painting. She sat down next to me and leaned her head on my shoulder. "Ya know, my mum and I dreamed of moving into a house just like yours."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah."

"What stopped you."

"Cancer."

I looked over at her concerned. "She was diagnosed, that's why I'm back." I'm glad she's back in England but for all the wrong reasons. Her mother was so sweet to me, not like most mothers who would cover there children's eyes when they say me pass. She I think almost cared for me, more then Scott had.

"I'm so-"

"It's fine, I have enough pity to last twelve lifetimes."

I kissed the top of her head, wondering how could a little girl as so fragile as she, but be so strong.  "I'm gonna get you that house then."

"No Harry you won't, just like you won't be getting that tattoo either."

"We'll see." I stood up and let out my hand for her to grab helping her back up onto her feet. I helped her clean up her brushes and put all the paints away and close down the basement for tonight knowing she would be back early in the morning if I would let go of her in my sleep.

We walked back up stairs and Zayn was watching T.V. We joined him and I was gonna ask him something but I didn't want to mention anything about Michael with Miranda in the room. She'd just ask to many questions that I just don't have the answers too. Yet I will when I'm ready. I'll make her mine when I'm ready. But as for Michael, ready or not here I come...

A|N: Hey y'all! So I wasn't planning on updating tonight, but knowing I wasn't gonna have enough time later in the week I thought I should do it tonight instead. So I'm pretty sure none of you guessed right of what Miranda was gonna paint eh? Most of you said she was gonna paint Harry, or Harry and Miranda. One even Harry with angel wings which I thought was a pretty cool idea, (maybe an idea for the future?) Nope it's Harry's old house. Thank you all for 1,300 <3 heartsOMG I flipped when I got 1,000 and to know I keep getting 50 a day means the world! So I'm over with Finals, but I will be starting my new classes Monday. Which will require more time since I have all core classes now, and no fun classes. I'll try my best to update but not promises on a special update day. I'll try to get two a week if that's okay. I have Geometry CTP, English (I dunno the level yet), Science Honors, and French 3 Honors. No fun classes, so these will take up a lot of time with homework. I also do theater, which take a lot of time after school, I do American Government (Long story short, We go to the capitol and make bills) and I have softball coming up soon! A lot eh? PLUS WORK OMG IM BUSY. 

Question of the chapter; What do you think Harry did, to get Michael get kicked out of the house? What do you think of this new Michael character...?

Please if you will;

Comment |Vote | Follow

Thank you!