Chapter Forty-Two; Distant

-Miranda's POV-
*few days later, three days before Miranda leaves*

I've been more worried then I should be about Harry. His nightmares are getting worse. His scream curl as he clenches on to my body making sure I'm still there by his side.

I personally think he needs to talk someone whether it's psychiatrist or it's me. What ever is bothering him at night is affecting his behavior during the day. He seems more distant then the cling on Harry that's always by my side. He's hiding something and it's only gonna get worst for him. 

I was downstairs painting in the basement. All four walls are almost covered with the variety of different color paints. I've been painting so much the bristles on the brush are worn out. I heard my phone ringing on the metal chair sitting in the middle of the room on top of a white tarp. I picked up my phone resting it in between my cheek and my shoulder, making sure I get no paint on it. 

"Hello?" I called out.

There was no sound what so ever. This has happened at least four times in the last month and now it's really starting to freak me out. "Hello?" I asked again, I grabbed the phone from my cheek and checked the caller ID not recognizing the caller.

All there was, was heavy breathing. I clicked end on the phone and dropped it back on to the chair. I walked over to the wall closes to the door that lead to the first floor and continued to paint. I heard the door creak open followed by foot steps most likely a man, from the loud noise. 

"Miranda?" Zayn called out I was surprised it was him and not Harry.

"Hey." I said turning my head towards him. "-what's up?"

"Why aren't you up stairs with Harry?" He asked. Which was a good question, why wasn't I upstairs with him? 

The whole reason why I'm here is because I missed him as he missed me. He's just so distant and I can't seem to do anything about it. "I don't know, needed a break?" I guess unsure of my answer.

"A break from Harry? Don't we all?" He laughed in between his next sentence. He leaned up against the dry part of the untouched wall. "-you two can't get enough of each other."

"So I thought." I murmured under my breath, dipping my brush back into the blue paint and sliding it over the wall.

He grabbed the brush out of my hands and tossed it onto the floor. "What the hell?" I sneered. I bent over and picked up the brush on the floor. If it wasn't for the white clear tarp there would be blue paint stained on the cold hard floor. 

"What's going on?" He asked again. I unsure of what to say at this point.

"Wish I knew. He seems to be pushing me out again."

"It's Harry, what do you expect. He hasn't opened up this much until he met you." Hearing that warmed my heart knowing I've helped someone even if it's just Harry. I held the paint brush in my mouth as I scratched behind my ear.

"Really?"

"Yeah. The whole reason why he's all over finding this guy is for you." I guess I hadn't really thought of t that way. I thought mostly it was to get the cops on his ass, but maybe it really is so much more then that. 

I hugged Zayn and picked up down here in the basement and shut the lights off following Zayn up the stairs. I found Harry in the living room staring at the tv but funny thing is that the tv was off. I smiled and walked into the living room taking a seat right on his lap, wrapping my hands around his neck and planting a kiss on his lips. I could feel the coldness from his lip ring. I liked it though. 

"Hey baby." Harry smiled. I don't know why but I always get the chills when he calls me that.

"Hi."

I wanted to ask him so many things but I knew he'd only give me so little answers as possible. "What's going on with you?" I asked with a stern voice.

"What do you mean?"

"Your dreams Harry, your dreams." He shifted his position as he pushed me off his lap.

"I don't understand."

"You know what exactly what I'm talking about Harry. Your dreams, the way you scream in your sleep calling for my name. Then calling out the came Michael?"

"I can't say."

"Why not?"

He didn't answer me. He just nodded his head and rubbed his eyes. "There's just some things I can't tell you."

I nodded and stood up. "We'll let me know when you can."  I was about to walk away when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down.

"Don't leave me." He pleaded. There was a sense if desperation in his eyes.

"Never." I reassured him. He pulled me back into his lap and I laid my head I his chest listening to the tempo of his heart racing. I felt him kiss the top of my head as he drawed circles on my thigh with his finger.

He's obviously not ready to tell me what the hell is going on, and I'm not gonna push him cause I can only remember the time when I did and it didn't end well. I'll give him his space and time as long as he needs it. But he will have to tell me sooner or later, and for my sleeping sake I hope it's sooner.

All I want to do is spend as much time with him as possible because the way he's been investigating only gives us so little time. What will I do after this week to see Harry? I can't just lie to my father and say I'm going to Perrie's all the time. Yet I want to be with Harry as log as I possibly can. There's just to much on my plate to swallow. 

-Anonymous POV-

"Yeah she's inside." I hollered into the phone. I put my binocular down as I was parked in a black SUV across the street.

"Alright keep an eye out on them. I don't want them going anywhere anytime soon." Picturing my life eight years ago to the time period of now, defiantly did not picture the life I had now that's for damn sure.

"And if they do?"

"It won't." His stern voice ran shivers down through my back. If it weren't that he was my boss I would've hung up on him by now. "-cause you're not gonna let them, right?" He asked.

"Right."

"Good, call me if anything new happens."

Then he hung up. Leaving me here to watch them.

_______________________________________________________
A|N: hey guys sorry for the long update but new semester just started and I'm trying to do well this time. If you see a chapter has repeated let me know, Quotev is on it's period again... -.-

Question of the chapter; Who's the anonymous point of view?

Please if you will; 

Comment | Heart | Follow

Thanks!