Chapter Twenty-Eight; Hall of Fame

-Miranda's POV-

"Miranda?" My father asked knocking on my already open door. I was sleeping, or so I thought. If he was gonna bring up the whole you-should-go-to-college-in-London shit again I swear I was gonna cut someone. He took a seat on my beanbag chair in the middle of my room, he sank down a bit from his weight, and he was a bit startled by going down so far.

He was gonna bring something up but as soon as he was about to speak he looked down at the ground and shut up. I was laying down on my bed my hands under my head as my head rested on my pillow. My covers tucked in between my legs. My feet poked out from under the covers as I listened to the rain patter on the shingles.  "Yes father?"

"You still coming back to London for the summer?"

I hadn't really thought about it to be quite honest. I just got back from London to weeks ago and now he was trying to bring back. I was trying to get rid of all those memories back there, and thinking about it was just bringing everything back into mind. I always spend my summer with him, but maybe this year could be different.

"I don't know, I was thinking I could stay here this summer."

He nodded and struggled getting up from the chair. I watched him as he left my room and walk down the hall. I slowly got out of bed and turned on the lights in my room, it was dark. The dark stormy clouds outside were covering up the sun, so the sun rays didn't fill up the room.  I threw up my hair into a ponytail with an elastic that ran around my wrist.  I was still in my baggy sweatpants and tank top, with one sock on, and the other off. I fixed the strap off my tank top pulling it up onto my shoulder and tightening it up a bit. I slowly walked downstairs throwing my hands up in the air trying to stretch them out. 

I stopped right before the kitchen, hearing my parents talk. I backed up, back against the wall listening to their conversation. "Lydia, she's gonna have to find out some time." I heard my father say with a stern voice.

"I know, I just-" My mother replied her voice filled with

"She needs to come back to London, till you get better and get the proper treatment you need."

"I know. I'm gonna tell her, I just don'w know how too. She's trying to get over what happened to her back in London and now we're forcing her to go back."

"At least she'll have someone who's always there, you'll be in the hospital. She'll have Vivian and me."

"Alright, how are we gonna break this to her?"

What was happening? What are they talking about? My mother... Hospital? She wasn't sick, was she? No she couldn't be. She would've told me first. No. I heard them break up their conversation, I ran over into the living room and took a seat on the couch sitting next to the end table with tons of unopened letters and bills sitting on top, also known as the mail table. If you were looking for coupons to a store, they were probably in the pile, along with any missing billing information. 

My mother walked into the living room, and she only looked at me for a second before she dashed out of the room not even saying a word to me. I didn't know what to do. I grabbed the stack of mail and started to go through it, to see a opened letter addressed to my mother, sent right before we left for London over a month ago.

*Flashback*
I checked the mailbox grabbing the mail. I walked back towards the house shuffling through the mail mostly medical stuff addressed to my mum. 

I walked into the living room where I found her sitting on the couch watching reruns of Two and a Half Men. She laughed and when she laughed she snorted which could make anyone then laugh. I handed her the mail and she frowned. "What's the matter?" I asked.

"Nothing, go get ready for dinner. It'll be done in ten minutes." 

*Flashback over*

Dear, Ms.Jenner
We regret to inform that you have been diagnosed with stage 3C cancer

I didn't read the rest but it was true, my mother was sick. She had breast cancer and I couldn't do anything to stop it. I held the letter in my hand along with the torn envelope. I stood up and walked towards my mothers bedroom just down the hall, left to the stairs. I knocked on it, not waiting for a response. I opened the door and looked at my mother sitting on the bed looking out the window, starring at the empty backyard. I walked up behind her and handed her the letter, letting her know that I knew.

She turned to me and hugged me, I could hear her soft muffle cries. "Everything will be alright mum. I'll be here for you."

"No you won't," She wiped away the pre-tears in the corner of her eyes with her hand. "-You'll be in London."

I stopped, no I was not going back to London. I couldn't. I had spent to much time there already. "No I want to be here with you." I told her.

She shook her head no and took my hand leading me into the garage. She opened the door and stepped in, as I followed behind her and she turned on the light. And right where the car would be parked, there was a big hunk of something covered with a white sheet. Of course I knew what it was, but in the spare of the moment I didn't even care with what was going on. I was to worried on what will be going on.

She walked over to the white sheet and with one swift motion she ripped the sheet off revealing the potters wheel I've been asking for as a graduation present. I hugged her tightly and walked her back into the living room. "You need to go to London with your father, he'll take care of you while I'm going through my treatment."

I didn't want to but if my mother needed me there so she had some peace of mind while she was getting her treatment so be it. My father came in explaining the details of our flight that will leave next week, giving me enough time to pack and get my stuff together, and say bye to my friends. I was planning on coming back. I'm sticking to my plan, I was gonna go to college here in America when August comes around.

I walked up to my room holding back the tears I so wanted to let go, but I was a big girl. I wouldn't let this get to me, because she was gonna get through this and get better, and before I know it. I'll be sleeping back in my bed once again.

I turned on the stereo listening to the first song that came on;

Yeah, you can be the greatest
You can be the best
You can be the King Kong banging on your chest

You could beat the world
You could beat the war
You could talk to God, go banging on his door

You can throw your hands up
You can beat the clock (yeah)
You can move a mountain
You can break rocks
You can be a master
Don't wait for luck
Dedicate yourself and you gon' find yourself

Standing in the hall of fame (yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah)
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame (yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah)
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

You can go the distance
You can run the mile
You can walk straight through hell with a smile

You could be the hero
You could get the gold
Breaking all the records they thought never could be broke

Yeah, do it for your people
Do it for your pride
How you ever gonna know if you never even try?

Do it for your country
Do it for your name
'Cause there's gonna be a day...

When you're standing in the hall of fame (yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah)
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame (yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah)
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

Be a champion, be a champion, be a champion, be a champion
On the walls of the hall of fame

Be students
Be teachers
Be politicians
Be preachers
(Yeah)

Be believers
Be leaders
Be astronauts
Be champions
Be truth seekers

Be students
Be teachers
Be politicians
Be preachers

Be believers
Be leaders
Be astronauts
Be champions

Standing in the hall of fame (yeah, yeah, yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah, yeah, yeah)
'Cause you burn with the brightest flame (yeah, yeah, yeah)
And the world's gonna know your name (yeah, yeah, yeah)
And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

(You can be a champion)
You could be the greatest
(You can be a champion)
You can be the best
(You can be a champion)
You can be the King Kong banging on your chest

(You can be a champion)
You could beat the world
(You can be a champion)
You could beat the war
(You can be a champion)
You could talk to God, go banging on his door

(You can be a champion)
You can throw your hands up
(You can be a champion)
You can beat the clock(yeah)
(You can be a champion)
You can move a mountain
(You can be a champion)
You can break rocks

(You can be a champion)
You can be a master
(You can be a champion)
Don't wait for luck
(You can be a champion)
Dedicate yourself and you gonna find yourself
(You can be a champion)

Standing in the hall of fame

Different then most of the songs on Harry's CD's but has to be one of my favorites. I smiled taking the CD's out and back into it's plastic CD case, stacking it on top of the others.

A|N: and sorry it took so long to update, I really have been procrastinating a lot more then I should. I hope you guys like this chapter, but guess what? Miranda is going back to London like most of you guys said you wanted. This was all part of the plan in the first place. Did you guys see it coming? Lydia getting cancer? I'm sure as hell none of you knew that, though I've been planning it since the beginning, as a reason for her to go back. Thank you guys so much for all the hearts I'm up to 335+ my goal is to get to 1000 before February ends.

Thank you all so much for all the great comments, they really do mean a lot. I'll try to update again tomorrow hopefully, hopefully three more before vacation ends on Thursday. Well Wednesday night really.

Question of the chapter; How should Harry come back into the story?

Please if you will;

Comment|Vote|Follow

Thank you!