Chapter Forty-Eight; The Birds and the Bees

-Harry's POV-

"You okay man?" I asked Zayn walking into the living room, after freshly getting out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my waist. My hair was drooped down over my eyes since the water diluted my hair. I was getting real worried about Zayn lately. He hasn't been eating much. Mostly just sleeping, and if he isn't sleeping he's drinking.

He didn't answer me, he just stared blankly at the T.V in front of him. The lack of time he's seen Perrie has really brought him down to a whole new level of moping around. I've never seen him look this way for as long as I've known him for. "What if she's cheating on me?" I heard him slowly mumble.

"What? Why would she cheat? She has one of the best guys in the world." I wasn't in a mood to give a pep talk, I had things to do today but it looks like I'm giving one anyway.

"What if I'm not satisfying her enough?"

I swallowed all the saliva in my throat pretty hard before I continued. "Mate, I'm sure whatever you're doing in the bedroom is more than satisfactory for her and-"

"No not like that." He smirked, first time I've seen some what of a smile on his face in a while.

"What if I can't give her what she needs. She deserves more than what I can give to her." Now Zayn is starting to sound like one of those terrible novels where everyone learns a lesson, he gets the girl and everyone lives happily ever after. Well you know sometimes that just doesn't happen. Stupid Disney movies messing with everyone head.

I shook my head trying to get my hair out of my face. I pushed it to the side and then up doing almost a flip. I thought about what he said for a moment and I kind of got what he was saying. What if I can't give Miranda everything she deserves. I mean she's so valuable and deserves more than what I can give her. 

"I get what you saying man, I feel the same." I admitted. I walked around the back of the couch and took a seat, my elbows resting on my knees and my eye sockets it the palm of my hands. I let out a large groan, I had so much shit to do today with the task of big brother finding me. 

I had to see Miranda today, whether it means getting caught or not. I just got to make sure she is okay, she doesn't know who is going after her and who wants to hurt her. But I swear I won't let anything happen to her. I've asked Louis to keep an eye out on her for me, since I can't be there myself. Yet I fear it won't be good enough to stand against whatever is ahead for the both of us. 

"You know when you just don't know, and you only fear the worse." I swear sometimes Zayn can read my fucking mind. I nodded then just left to go change in the bedroom leaving Zayn to mop around in the living room. 

Once I was done I was fully dressed and ready to take on whatever today has to bring me. I grabbed the keys off the corner table next to the front door. I walked out to the driveway where my car was parked. I had to find him today I had too. If this is him or not today I will find my ass hole of a brother, Michael.

I had a couple leads on where he might be, but none that are defiant. Ready or not, here I come bastard.

-Miranda's POV-

"You sure you don't want to come?" Vivian asked me, as she walked towards the front door. She and her made of honor were off to go to the salon and she had pleaded me to come, insisting we needed to spend more quality time together since she's my new step mom. I of course denied since I wanted nothing to do with her in general.

"I'm sure."

"Okay if you get hungry there are leftovers in the fridge." She called out as I walked into the living room, turning on the T.V. I just ignored and waited for the moment when I heard the door shut. Lucas was off at daycare for the day, so it was just me in the house since my father had work.

I slowly walked upstairs and up into my room to find Moxie laying on my pillow. I pushed her over so I could grab the note that Harry had left me that I read whenever I can. I don't know why, but I feel as if I re-read it, it will tell me something that I'm unaware the I am looking for. I then out it back under my pillow and grabbed my laptop walking downstairs and into the living room where I had left the T.V on.

The home screen popped up as I logged onto Skype waiting for my mothers Skype call I've been waiting for, for a while now. Whenever she is free it's the time difference so it's midnight over here. And whenever it isn't the time difference it's her going through chemo.  I've missed her so much. She is the only women figure in my life right now that I can connect too. 

My mothers icon appeared on my screen. I smiled widely and hit the green accept button. A second later my mothers face appeared on the screen. She was smiling, like she usually does. She looks almost the same  if it wasn't for her hair. I can see that part of her hair has fallen out in clumps in different sections of her scalp. It pains me to see her like this, but I know she will get better, she has too. 

"Hi mum!" I screeched loudly, more than I should have.

"Hey there baby."

"How are you doing?"

"I'm well! The doctors said I should be done by the end of summer if things keep going the way they are!" I was more than thrilled to hear that. It will be so nice to go home back to Vermont. I miss everyone from Stella to that old weird janitor at the public pool.

"Glad to hear, I miss you!"

"I miss you too honey, how are things with you?"

"I'm good."

"And how are you and Harry?"

"Mother, what are you talking about?" Out of all the people in the world the last person I would think that would find out about me and Harry is my poor mother with cancer.

"Oh you don't have to hide it from me, I know there is something between the two of you. I can tell you two are seeing each other. Oh god, how is that with him being a fugitive? Does your dad know? Are you kids using protection, are you still a-"

"Mother that is enough." I told her laughing. My mother was never to ask about my none existent sex life. How can she be okay with me interacting with Harry, and never mind that but she would be okay with us having sex? God my father doesn't even like Harry anymore never the less would allow me to have sex with him.

"What just making sure my baby is getting satisfied enough. I was once a teenager myself."

"Mum, I'm still a virgin." I admitted.

"Well that's nice to hear honey. Make sure when you do, you use protection. You want me to call the doctor and ask about birth control?" I could hear a quiet hint of a giggle in her voice that was filling up the microphone in her computer that is being transferred over to me.

"No thanks mum." I was glad to see she could still have some what enjoyment with the rough time she is having.

We talked a little bit longer but off the topic of protection once I changed the subject. She finally got the hint that I was feeling uncomfortable with the talking topic. "Well sweetie, I've got to go back into chemo. I'll talk to you soon?"

"Please."

"Bye baby."

"Bye mum."

I hit the end button with a bit of a tear in my eye with the fear that there is a chance that, that might be the last time I will talk to my mother. I can only hope for the best, not only for me, Harry, but for her as well. There was a knock on the front door and I quickly jumped to my feet walking over to the door looking through the peep hole.

I saw Louis about to knock on the door once again, but before he could I opened the door. I smiled "Hey Louis, what are you doing here?" I asked him. I haven't seen him in a while.

"Well Harry asked me to check up on you, to make sure you're doing okay."

"Well that was sweet of you to come on check up on me, I can assure you that I'm fine."

"Yeah tell that to Harry. He's been worried about everything mostly you though."

I knew he was worried about sending me back home without him being there. I guess if he can't be here, that Louis is the next best thing I can get to him. "Come on in." I invited him. He followed me into the living room and plopped himself right down next to me.

-Harry's POV-

I parked my car into the seventh and final place that I knew Michael might be hiding. I got out of the car turning off the engine, along with the headlights. The house ahead lights were on, and there were a million cars parked around this house with the blaring music. As I walked up to the back door that was wide open with people going in and out, I smelt booze and weed filling the inside of the house.

I walked around for a few minuted looking for a almost familiar but aged face. If he isn't here then I'm screwed and out of options to look. I had a billion of looks and offers from girls asking if she could show me the bedroom, which I of course denied. As soon as I was feeling like he wasn't here I heard someone call out for me.

"Hello Harry."

I turned around about to smack the shit out of this piece of crap. 

"Hello Michael."

A|N: And bam cliff hanger. Sorry for the late update. Hoped you enjoyed it! 

Question of the chapter; What  has been your favorite chapter? Mine personally was chapter 32; The Toys R Us cashier. I just liked the way I wrote it, with the bond of Lucas and Miranda. And how Louis was introduced.

Please if you will;

Comment | Heart | Follow

Thank you and good night!