Chapter Forty-Seven; Zoning Out

-Miranda's POV-

I'm home now. Actually I've been home for the last couple of days. Zayn had dropped me off at six that night, and he didn't talk much. I was worried about him and Perrie. She hasn't been around except that one time but she had to leave with no reason. On the other hand with Harry. Things were good, we've been texting whenever I can. Mostly when I'm alone or not with my dad or anyone else who would turn Harry into the cops.

It didn't feel right to be away form him, but the time had come where I had to leave again. Who knows when Vivian and my father will leave town again. Hoping it will be soon though. "Miranda?" Niall shook me.

We were at the movie theater watching some foreign movie that I had no idea what was going on, so I zoned out about a quarter of the way through. All I was thinking about really was Harry and his dad which I thought was awfully strange but it did come to mind. Why didn't he ever mention him? Why haven't I ever asked about him. Maybe I just assumed he died or something, I mean that's what everyone else who was in contact with Harry before seemed to happen.

Death, it hit me. What if? Me? And what the hell was going on with the phone calls that Harry wouldn't tell me about? So many damn questions to be answered. I just need someone to answer them for me, whether it's Harry or not.

"Hmm? What sorry." I apologized. The credits on the screen had popped up and the lights turned on slowly. Everyone in the theater started to rise and exit through the door throwing out all there over paid candy and popcorn into the trash.

"You ready to leave?"

"Yeah, yeah." I said standing to my feet. Niall had asked me the moment I had come back if I had wanted to hang out, which I agreed too. We actually went mini golfing yesterday and today the movies since it was raining, like it does everyday.

I followed behind Niall out the door and back into the lobby. The concession stand lines were long so long that they reached to the main doors. Many of the customers were couples young and old. From young couples to the age of thirteen with their parents attending them and up to cute old couples the age of 80. The kind I hope to be one day maybe with Harry if that's where life wants to take the two of us.

I want to be that relationship where people are like "Damn you two are still together?", where he'll hold my purse when I ask him too, get into small fights about the stupidest things but get over them by cuddling while watching a Disney movie. Where we grow old maybe have a kid or two (<God for bid) sit on the porch while we drink tea. I just want all that. Maybe Tumblr has gotten to my head but it sure does sound nice.

Once we were in the parking lot Niall was gentleman enough to open and close the door behind me, me saying thank you once he returned to the drivers side. "Everything okay, you seemed zoned out lately." He asked as he started up the car with a roar coming from the the engine.

I would love to tell Niall what's going on. It would be nice to have someone to talk about everything with when I don't have Perrie with me. Which seems like never now. I sure as hell can't call up Stella and tell her everything. With Niall I wish I could trust him, but I can't help as feel he might end up slipping up something to his dad and something could happen to Harry.

"I will be." I thruth fully said hoping for the best anyway.

"You sure? Anything you want to talk about?"

I shook my head no. "Alright, but I'm here if you ever need anything."

I looked over at him and gave him a warming smile, I placed my hand on his shoulder and leaned over to give him a small kiss on the cheek. "I know, and thank you." I saw his hand fly up to his cheek where my lip gloss had left it's marking. I saw his face turn a light pink as he blushed. I giggled but hoped it didn't mean to much to him.

I really hope he doesn't have any strong feelings for me, as he admitted to me that night on the water tower. I love Niall but in that brotherly sisterly way. Maybe if it wasn't for Harry there could have been something but I just don't see it, and I hope he doesn't either. "Want to go to lunch?" He suggested after pulling out of the parking lot.

I looked at the clock in the built in stereo and it read 1:24. I looked down at my stomach and I realized how hungry I actually was. I nodded yes and we agreed to go to Nandos. (I know it's cliche to put that in this story, but oh well). The car ride consisted of me talking about my week that he thinks I spent at Perrie's house, so of course I had to make something up.

I went with the suddle, manicure and pedicures, bowling, hanging out. I didn't want to go into to much detail in case I would forget teh details later and he would ask about it again.

We pulled into the parking lot, and I noticed in the far back that the black familiar van sat there. It had tinted windows so I couldn't see in. I didn't know the license plate so that didn't help at all. I got out of the car and met Niall at the front as we started to walk to the door.

"I tried to call you Friday but it blocked me off." He mentioned, he opened the door for me and told the usher that it was only the two of us. I thought back and couldn't remember why I would have not answered him. I mean he's in my contacts so all of his calls would have come through.

"I was on my house phone, so you probably didn't recognize it."

"That's probably it, my phone doesn't accept any calls that aren't in my contacts."

The usher showed us to our table and sat down to menus. I took mine looking up and down for something to eat. I looked around the room, and noticed a familiar blonde sitting in a booth in the back. It was Perrie, with a man but it wasn't Zayn.

I think my mouth must have dropped because I swear my mouth being open started a draft. "Miranda? What's the matter?" Niall asked waving his hands in front of my eyes that were glued on Perrie. Why would she be here with a guy? Does Zayn know? Does Zayn know him? Who is he anyway?

I snapped out of it and shook my head trying to regain full control of my brain. "Yeah just a bit shocked actually."

"Why so?" He asked. Maybe I said a little to much, he looked behind himself to see Perrie and what I was seeing. "Isn't that your friend, Perrie? The one you spent the week with?"

I nodded in agreement. "Is that her boyfriend or something?"

"No, that's not her boyfriend. Her boyfriend is away on a business trip." I lied, knowing if I didn't something would slip up.

"Maybe he's just a friend."

"I hope so."

If Zayn knew about this, he would be crushed. Is this who Perrie was spending her time with when she wasn't with us? Is she cheating? No Zayn is too perfect for her, why would she? She has a perfect relationship. Something I hope to have one day with Harry.

"You mind if we get lunch some where else? I can't be here right now and watch this." I told Niall. he nodded and agreed as he led me out to the front door and back out to the parking lot.

I need to talk to Harry about this, I need to tell Zayn about this, more importantly I need to ask Perrie about this.