Prologue

Prologue

“No!!! Don’t die mother! Don’t die! You still need to tell me how to find my match.” sobbed a little girl.

“You will know who your match is sweetie. Just give it some time, and you’ll know. Promise me dear, whatever you do, be happy. Live life the way you should live life. Not the way you think I might’ve wanted you to live it. And if you can, try to bring Darkor down, with your match.” the woman softly smiled up at the little girl.

As the woman was taking her last moment to say goodbye to her sweet little daughter, a man was in the background. Slowly getting up, turns, and walks straight at the growing dark mass. He quickly said a complex spell to lock it away as long as he could, but nothing comes without a price. He collapses and slowly crawled his way over to his beloved wife and 8 year old daughter. Kissing both of them, and died. Shortly after, the woman also died. Leaving their 8 year old daughter in a world full of unknowns.

“Sweetie, follow me. We must leave this place for the council to clean up. It reeks of evilness.” the little girl’s kind-hearted grandmother whispered.

“Yes grandma. Will you teach me everything I need to know about magic? I want to be strong, so I can fight against Darkor with my match. I want him to stop killing people. I know that I need to find my match to be able to stop him, but I don’t want any other kids to have to be like I am now.” exclaimed the girl with confidence.

“I will Madeleine. I will teach you everything I know. I will teach you everything, that even your mother and father don’t know.” replied the grandmother.

“Really? My mom and dad know a lot, but you’re going to teach me something that even they don’t know?” asked Madeleine.

“Yes. Now let’s go. You have much to learn, if you are willing that is.” sadly smiled the old lady.

“Let’s go grandma. We have lots to learn in so little time. Once I reach 16, I have to go and find my match so I can stop Darkor.”