Chapter One: The New Girls

This chapter is dedicated to @cherrysodafan for asking me to finish this book and giving me the motivation to start it up again 😁

Cast

Josephine Mason

Josephine Mason

Cassandra Mason

Cassandra Mason

Top L to R: Darrel, Dallas, SodapopBottom L to R: Keith "Two-Bit" Mathews, Johnny, Ponyboy, Steve

Bottom L to R: Keith "Two-Bit" Mathews, Johnny, Ponyboy, Steve

Monday, August 2nd (1965)
Johnny's pov

I walk over to the steps of the school where me and Ponyboy meet. It's the first day of school, a day I've been dreading. I sit next him and sigh deeply.
"Hey Johnny," he greeted.
"Hey. I was thinkin' about not coming," I admit.
"Why not?" Pony asks.
"Socs that's why," I mutter.
"They can't do anything to you here," he reassures me. I scoff and shake my head. I can't wait to be done with this place. I wanna leave and never come back. A pair of big hands grab my shoulders and break me from my thought. I grab my switchblade but don't pull it out.

"Geez Dally I almost pulled my blade out on you," I huff. He chuckles and sits in between me and Pony.
"Relax Johnny Cake. I told you I won't let anyone else hurt you," he says with a smile.
"You shouldn't be here Dal," Pony warns him. "You could get in trouble."
"When has trouble ever stopped me?"
"When you were in jail?" Pony answers. I snicker to myself and Dally gives me a cold stare. I pull my attention away from the two and notice a nice expensive looking car pull up. The back doors open and two girls walk out. The taller one was wearing high waisted checkered pants and a black turtle neck with black flats. Her hair is in a sleek ponytail with loose curls at the end. The short one was wearing a pink long sleeved shift dress with white stockings and pink flats. She had a middle part and loose curls flowed down her back. They both have light beige skin with dark eyes. They're the most beautiful girls I've ever seen.