SINFUL - 2

Micah casually came sauntering into our History lesson as though he wasn't 12 minutes late. Mr Pearson peered from above the rims of his spectacles following Micah with his eyes, as he dropped his bag down beside my desk. He sat down beside me removing his hat and his black and leopard print detailed North Face jacket.

"So nice of you to finally join us Micah." Mr Pearson walked over to our desk and placed a few photocopied sheets of paper in front of him.

"Yeah yeah, I know you missed me Pearson." I giggled at Micah's response and so did some of our other classmates. Mr Pearson and Micah had a love/hate relationship, being as though Micah was one of Mr Pearson's brightest students and was very lovable but he had issues with punctuality and concentration.

"You alright C-Y?" Micah turned his face towards me and winked. I nodded and smiled. Micah's been calling me that since primary school. He's one of the only people at college that I know well enough to like and hold fully fledged conversations with; apart from Andrea and Noelle, I feel like he is one of my only real friends here. He was one of the only males I could confidently say I was comfortable around. There are other people that I've known since secondary school but I'm not close with them like I am with Micah. He was so clever, and he had such a witty sense of humour. We just got each other, I felt as though he understood me somewhat. There had never been any romantic feelings between us, but part of me did hold him dear. However, I did feel a bit awkward as Micah was Amaka's boyfriend and I feel out of respect I was to distance myself from him a tad. Luckily, we had three out of four classes together so I got to spend some time with him. "Nice tee." He complimented me, taking in my outfit.

"Thank you." I self-consciously pulled down on the colourful Hack t-shirt I had on with the image of a baby Angel holding a large pistol. "Mikes, your...hair." I sniggered, looking upwards slowly.

"I know it's a mess." He groaned, ruffling his messy mass. Micah has the softest and curliest hair I'd ever encountered a black boy to possess. It still baffled me as to how he could be fully and completely Nigerian. He evidently hadn't had a haircut in some weeks but the lovely texture of his hair made it a little bearable to see. Regardless, Micah still appeared irresistible. Being a girl I was aware of what he may have overlooked; we'd be walking through the corridors of the building and female eyes would linger on him for a little too long. The way some girls flirted with Micah in class made it so difficult for me to refrain from rolling my eyes. Thank God I wasn't viewed as a threat, it was bad enough that I was friends with him I didn't need any more attention. Micah opened up his History book and yet he was occupied with his phone; he was so cheeky, he didn't even hide it. He was tapping on it and paying little to no attention to what Mr Pearson was saying. He was starting to distract me because I kept glancing at what he was looking at on the screen. Micah was typing so rapidly on his phone that the sound of his fingers on the screening was getting louder; he knew that any minute now Mr Pearson would rebuke him.

"One sec." Micah could feel Mr Pearson's eyes on him, his tongue touching his top lip as he raised his finger indicating for Mr Pearson to let him finish sending this last message. Then he used to free hand to continue tapping away on his screen. The audacity.

"Micah." Mr Pearson exhaled loudly, we all knew he was fuming regardless of the fact that he managed to stay calm.

"Chill man, chill...alright I'm done now." Micah put his phone down and placed his hands up in surrender. We actually had about ten minutes of concentration from Micah before he got bored and unlock his iPhone once more.

"Oh my daaaaays!" Micah spluttered into loud laughter, causing every pair of eyes in the room to turn to him. Mr Pearson's eyes darted over to us.

"Sorry Pearson." Micah didn't take his eyes off his phone but knew Mr Pearson would be shooting him daggers. Micah was so annoying, he was this disruptive and he still managed to get excellent grades.