SINFUL - 32

"Cynthia!" I cursed myself in my head for jumping slightly at the sound of my name. "Cynthia!" Kobe's voice grew closer, I know he knew I had heard him. I was in two minds as to whether to stop or not, plus my day hadn't been going so well, I hadn't fully prepared myself for this conversation yet. His familiar scent filled my immediate surrounding letting me know that he was now in close proximity. I slowed down because I knew there was no point to continue ignoring him, he wouldn't stop. "Didn't you hear me calling you?" His relaxed expression fell when he noticed how stiff my body was as I turned to face him. I tried to take no notice of how good he looked as his fresh trim was slightly growing out; his big brown eyes stood out in an adorable fashion against his glowing light caramel complexion. But I failed woefully. Even in his usual hood attire he looked righteous, he was dressed in all black. A black Stone Island jumper, black jeans and triple black Tns. I blinked repeatedly in an attempt to remember what he had just said, I hadn't been listening. "What's with the coldness, why you moving sideways?" Kobe spoke in his customary calm tone and I swear that made me even angrier with him for some reason. Why was he always so laid back, it drove me crazy! Sometimes show your emotions, sometimes express yourself properly. Sometimes act like...you care.

"I'm not moving sideways." Was my response and yet my face was telling him something completely different. I felt my lip curl, I didn't even mean to but I couldn't hide my feelings. I needed to compose myself because I hated feeling as though the situation had really got to me. Well, it had but Kobe didn't need to know that.

"Well you're giving man hella attitude, wahum?" He stood there with his arms folded across his chest. Kobe loomed over me with a now slightly more expectant gaze.

"You actually don't rate me." I kissed my teeth.

"And how did you figure that?" He chuckled.

I took a moment to actually realise who I was speaking to; this was Kobe. I had known him for how many years and he had been one of my closest friends. Why was I overthinking this so much? Clearly it was something I needed to get off my chest. I pulled him closer to me by his arm, cautiously looking down the hallway at both sides of me to make sure no one was in earshot. This was our business only.

"I figured that when I saw Anna all up on your snap looking comfy as f*ck, less than 48 hours after you were spewing your feelings out and claiming that you like me. That must have been bullsh*t then."

"Oh." Kobe expression was unreadable as always, I felt myself growing infuriated. He needed to give me something.

"Oh?"

"Cynthia..." He sighed, pulling me towards him by my waist. His gaze suddenly intensified and I watched him slowly taking in every detail of my face as though he was mesmerised. I had to pull away because I felt my face heat up and it was just too close for me. "I do like you una, I definitely meant what I said."

"No you were talking rubbish."

"How can you tell me that? I didn't know you could read my mind."

"I know you Kobe."

"Then," He flicked my lips playfully, "you should know when I'm telling the truth. I'm not f*cking about." His eyes chased mine as he wanted to communicate his sincerity.

"I'm confused to be honest..." I still needed an explanation.

"I told you I liked you. I didn't ask for your hand in marriage." I shot Kobe the harsh look I could possible muster and watched as he clutched his chest and staggered backwards as though I had shot him. We both burst into laughter.

"So you're still f*cking Anna then?"

He raised his brow as if to say 'are you really gonna ask me such a stupid question?' Why did my heart sink? Why did I care?