Little Game [Izuru Kamukura] (AU)

Requested by: @Lucreant

"He held the key to my heart, but my key was broken to him."

Y/N's POV

I licked my lips, staring at the chess board. Strategies and formulas started sprouting inside my mind. On the other side of the table sat Izuru Kamukura, the man that held all the talents one could possibly hope to possess.

Chess, in this universe, was quite different.

My pieces and his were actual people. My king was robed in vanilla satin with white pants and a button-up shirt. His hair was combed back and was a platinum blonde with a crown perched atop his head.

The players sat on chairs high up from the ground, and it was mid-game. Izuru had cornered me after taking out one of my bishops and my two rooks.

"Your move, L/N-san." He said calmly, staring at the giant chess board with uncaring eyes.

On my iPad, it displayed the chessboard and the pieces still involved in the game. I shakily dragged my finger on the screen, moving the knight in an L-shaped formation on the board, knocking his bishop off.

He smirked before tapping on the screen in front of him. I looked at the ground, seeing his rook moving horizontally, eliminating my knight.

I, also, had a smirk on my face. Hurriedly, I moved my queen diagonally, taking out his rook and checkmating him at the same time.

The thing was, if he moved his king diagonally any way, my pawns could take him out. His king was still on the edge of the board, so he couldn't move back.

If he went straight forward, my last bishop could take him out, and if he went left, my other pawn could take him out.

If he went right, my knight could take him out.

'It's a true checkmate!'

He stared at the board, his expression hard to read. Finally, I felt him breathe out.

"You cheated."

I blinked.

"How could you say that?!" I shrieked, pointing a finger at him. "I didn't cheat! Don't be a sore loser!"

His gaze left me as he looked back down at his iPad, making his king move forward. Happily, I dragged the bishop on my screen, knocking out the king.

"I win." I stated, a smile on my face.

Izuru, on the other hand, was not so happy. Quickly, the game dome around us evaporated, and we were back to our regular high school. The small teal sphere with the words "GAME DOME" printed in bold letters on the front sat on the table.

We had just come back from virtual reality.

"Izuru! I beat you at something!" I cheered, smiling brightly.

He simply rolled his eyes and stuffed his hands in his pockets, walking out from the game room on campus. "It was obviously pure luck."

"Luck?" I asked, my mind immediately jumping to the white-haired male. "Don't you possess luck, too?"

He turned around, and I felt his aura pierce me through. "We don't talk about that, L/N-san."

At this point, I knew... he was really butthurt.

"H-Hey! Izuru, don't feel bad! I'm the Ultimate Tactician! Strategy is my forte!" I grinned, hoping he knew that I was being genuine.

He huffed out before starting to walk away again, leaving me in the dust.