Fang: The Musher's Lead Wolf ->Chapter 2: The Native Tribe

Beginne am Anfang

Henry was beginning to make his own assumptions on why he thinks his father believes the great Chibiabos sent this pup to him.

  One guess is that Chibiabos wants to test an old soul. The second is that, this is really a punishment for letting one of his loved creatures die. ‘There has to be a twist in this’.  

~~**~~

Since she got there Mia Tuk never left Conzai nor Henry. She may be too young to understand now but she knows that soon, she’ll be able to get her questions answered. And the only way to get those was going to be from these two. It was an instinctual feeling, she had to rely on.

 Conzai couldn’t make out what the pup was. She had this air around her and for being so young it was strange. Conzai watched the pup, sniff the room, noticing that she didn’t even leave the area like a normal creature would do, coming into a foreign place. He was determined to figure her out.

  Mia Tuk never had her back to anyone in the room, not even the five year old boy a foot from her. She may not want to be out of their presence, but she also did not trust them. None of them had her mother’s scent, or a gentle air that showed that they had maternal instincts. The one creature she had sensed that in had never stayed more than five minutes in the same room as her. 

  Mia Tuk felt alone; she curled herself up in a small ball not wanting to be a part of their world.

Conzai turned to see the fur ball. The boy Jake had been too occupied with his play story to notice. And the older men were too distracted in their thoughts. Conzai may be harsh but he isn’t cold hearted. The pup has had a rough start since she was brought into the world.

 Trying to be nonchalant about it, and also discreet; he pushes one of Jake’s toy balls with his paw. Making it look like he pumped it when he laid down fully, the ball rolled towards the pup’s head bumping it. The pup lifted her gray head and just started at it.

  The pup, Mia Tuk only saw a shadow object in front of her and she did not like it. She growled and yelped at the thing that dared to get her out of her down mood. She even got her body ready to pounce on it.

  Conzai watched her from the corner of his eye. It amused him on how the rubber ball annoyed her so easily. But it did its job. The pup attacked it again and again, soon making a game out of it; which got her to wag her tail. Her little childlike growls and barks caught the attention of the other males in the room. Earning a giggle from Jake, he rushed in, to play in her little game.

~~~**~~~

  Hearing from the kitchen the nose the pup was making, Chee walked in. Her long black braid of hair hung over her shoulder. She watched her son play with the wolf pup like he would do with any other puppy they would bring in to be trained. She stood there watching in the breezeway, which is the entry way to the family room; still wary of it.

 It’s not that Chee is anti-wolf; it’s just she feels that a change is upon them starting with this pup. The night before, she saw the star. The Wolf Star (Sirius) is to her people a reflection of the wolf's coming and going down the path of the Milky Way. The wolf to her people is known as the bringer of life and death. They are the gods of the forest; they are honored bond to protect it. It’s a sin in her tribe to even touch it.

  You can see why she’s so worried, the spirits and gods of her people had never intervene at such a level. She knew that something had accord just recently, and that her family had been chosen to become the guides of the pup’s road ahead. 

~~~**~~~

 At night the Woods family had all sat around the dining room table. Conzai sat up right on the porch, of the log cabin house just listening. He listen to the other dogs in the barn, that Henry had feed them and lock them up for the night. He listens to the crickets chirp, and the howls cry in the forest. He listened and watched the area like any good loyal guard would do.