Choosing Mr.Right

All love comes at a price, but only some are willing to pay it.

Noah-

We sat at a small table lit by candlelight, barely large enough to hold two grown men. The red silk brushed my leg as my client sat down.

He was a brunette with soft strokes of blonde in his hair. His hair was styled with gel with so much that I could see it in the dim light. His blue eyes glassy as if he was daydreaming. We did not speak at first, taking in each other's presence. I looked at him, my face neutral. He stared right back at me, his eyes dark in the dark.

I noticed he had a briefcase by his side. It had Mercy Hospital printed onto the side in bright red lettering. That intrigued me, he was just out of college with a doctorate degree, and he had quickly found a job. I smiled softly as we ordered our food. The waiter disappeared leaving just the two of us and some other couples, but not many.

Working at Perfect Escort had many advantages. We could meet many people, while having amazing food and experiences. I loved working for the company, and the owner had helped build my resume from the ground up. The owner also owned this restaurant so many clients came with us here so it saved the company money.

The city skylights glimmered in the distance as we ate our food. The conversation was light-hearted. The laughter brought to light that the date would be over in less than an hour. He seemed oblivious to the time, while I kept track of it.

"What do you like to do? I know you must me very busy saving all those lives." My wink made him burst into laughter. Then it faded as he smirked at me. My eyebrow raised as I looked back at him.

"Well fucking men is my specialty." My eyes widened, but I said nothing. He knew that any romantic relations with clients or employees was forbidden. Even so, he seemed like the rebellious type.

"I hope you know the rules, we take you on dates, but no touching the men." I looked over at him, and he had his head resting on his hand with a devious smile. It was easy to know what he was planning, but I said nothing, not wanting to upset him. The clock struck nine and we looked at each other.

"Mhmm, looks like I'll have to get in your pants another time, cutie." The boy winked at me before sauntering out of the restaurant. I left out a loud sigh before leaving the restaurant, heading to the office.

The moon was full, and the sky clear. Only a few stars glimmered, fighting for light in the busy city. The walk was quick back to the office. Letting myself in, I immediately saw my coworker Darrel talking to some of the female escorts.

As I was walking over I heard the laughter from the girls die down into giggles. Then, I walked right into Darrel as he turned around. We both tumbled back a bit, but neither of us fell over. We both looked at each other smiling.

"Yo, Noah." His smile was charming, his teeth pearly white, and his eyes glimmering. I nodded, and said a curt sorry, before running back to my office. I laid down on my couch, the only thing I seemed to use but my laptop in here. My eyes closed as I sighed in relief.

I finished work by 11, and I exited the office. Mother Nature decided to darken the sky with her anger. The thunder and lightning made the city glow, the light reflecting off the rain drops. Looking up, the city looked beautiful.

The reds and blues from the signs shined in the puddles of rain. The sidewalk cracks, with little streams of life leading them down the hill. It smelled like fresh dew, the smoke and metal smell gone. The rain drowned out the sounds of the city as I stood there taking it all in.

A hand on my shoulder turned me around. Darrel stood there with a soft smile, and an umbrella. I let out a soft chuckle and motioned for him to keep the umbrella for himself.

"You're not very recieving to courtesy are you?" Darrel murmured in my ear, his hot breath fanning my ear. My cheeks flared up as I shrugged. He chuckled, opening the umbrella. I may have been tall at 5'11" but Darrel made me look short at his staggering 6'5". I bit my lip and pulled on my coat, the temperature dropping by the second.

Darrel wrapped his arm around my shoulder, bringing me into his warmth. We walked to my place, the storm starting to quiet down. The door opened to a small apartment, and Darrel flung himself onto the couch. I smiled and went to the kitchen to make us some late dinner.

The smell of mac n cheese made my mouth water as I put the homemade sauce into a bowl. I smiled softly, walking around the kitchen. I hummed to myself as I brought the dinner over to Darrel who moved to the window, looking over the view of the city. I sat down next to him with our food.

"You know we need to talk about this unspoken thing between us." Darrel murmured in my ear as he ate. I looked up at the streaks of lighting in the sky, not responding at first.

"What unspoken thing?" I asked while leaning against him. He looked down on me and sighed softly. I finished off my dinner before bringing our bowls into the kitchen to wash them.

While washing the dishes I noticed Darrel looking out the window. It was nearing midnight and the storm was settling down. I walked out and stood next to him. It was deathly silent in my apartment, I looked up at the moon and stars, and I wrapped my arms around myself until I heard Darrel speak.

"Fuck this-" I heard before feeling Darrel's lips crash against mine.

And the clock struck midnight.