Cosmo

Truly beautiful things in life are just as deadly.
-
Orion

I couldn't stop running, for I would be killed instantly. My dark hair shielded my eyes from the bright city lights. It was Christmas and people were out on the streets.

It was too bright, and I turned to look behind me. The men only continued to creep closer. My hands clenched and I only sprinted faster. Lungs burned, legs like jelly, but I couldn't stop.

I saw their guns and I took a u-turn. My heart pounded in my chest, and then pain blossomed. I looked down at my hand to see that one of the men had shot it.

I couldn't feel that much, the adrenaline coursing through my veins. Going back the way I came I turned into a food market. The strong stench of blood filled my nose and I gagged. I saw a dog slaughtered and my eyes widened.

A dead end, and I had turned into a treacherous area. My heart continued to race. Badump badump, and I took a deep breath. I saw someone running towards me with a gun and I closed my eyes.

“I just want to go home.” I whispered to myself, seeing the bullet going towards my head. The world seemed to slow down before I felt my body being shredded by an unknown source.

My eyes widened, the pain was unimaginable. I couldn't describe it, but my mind was blank. My thoughts were nonexistent as the pain took over. I felt my heart starting to slow before the pain faded.

I felt like I was floating, so I opened my eyes. I saw twinkling in the distance and then I turned around. It was peaceful, no sound, no anger, just beautiful colors surrounding me.

 It was peaceful, no sound, no anger, just beautiful colors surrounding me

Some call it the Cosmos, but I would be dead. So where was I? My ear twitched as I saw something in the distance. It was a person, and he saw me.

Then I was falling.

The wind was only getting stronger as I descended. I couldn't see anything, even if I dared to open my eyes.

I reached a hand out to brace my fall, and then it all stopped. My eyes opened and I looked around. I was floating above a city, it was absolutely beautiful. This couldn't be happening. I looked down at my hands and let out a blood curdling scream.

The bullet wound in my right hand had healed, but both hands had purple and gold markings.

As I tried to land, my knees kept grazing the concrete. Then I landed, and got cuts on my hands. I looked at them, the cuts disappearing, and then I clenched them.

“Mhmm Orion, nice landing you got there.” I heard a voice behind me and whipped around. My arm wound up to protect myself, but it was the person from the Cosmos.

I looked at my name tag from my work uniform and sighed. “What is this place?” His eyes widened and he looked at me confused.

“Wait, was this your first time? Oh god-" the person sighed before finishing,"anyways I'm Draco.” He extended a hand. I noticed some red and blue markings poking out of his gloves. I took his hand and shook it, but it suddenly got hot.

As I pulled my hand away I noticed that it had gotten noticeably more red. His eyes were wide and he grabbed his messenger bag. I watched him as he pulled out a pair of gloves, and handed them to me.

“You're on Earth 666,” Draco murmured before running a hand through his hair. I bit my lip, and looked around at the skyline.

“I don't understand, why is it called that? Earth is my home, but this place isn't it.” He just laughed, swinging his messenger bag back onto his shoulder.

“You just teleported dimensions. This is number 666 because-” he didn't have to finish. Draco was pointing to the horizon. There was a fiery pit, and I didn't respond. I heard terrifying screams and gunshots. I winced, remembering earlier.

“I'm surprised you didn't get torn up in the Cosmos. Since it was your first time without any guidance.” He murmured before jumping off the building. I ran after him, and saw him land and no one seemed to notice. Draco motioned for me to follow, I did.

The landing was easy, it was as if I jumped off a log at home. He looked at me with a smile. His eyes glanced to a police officer in the distance and he pulled me into a building.

“You've got a lot to learn, but I'll tell you the basics first.” He was sitting down, leaning against one of the beams. I sat down far away from him, not sure if I was comfortable being around him.

Then I was sitting next to him, and my cheeks flared up. I covered them in embarrassment.

“First things first. If you subconsciously teleport it's usually because of strong feelings you may have,” He winked at me,”such as fear.”

There were five different realms. There was the peace, lust, training, humane, and crime. I had landed in Earth 666, here bad souls, from the Earth I know, get punished.

There were three rankings when it came to people like us.

Purple were the high rankers, but had the worst control when it came to their abilities. Red were the weakest, but strongest when it came to control. Green and blue were the middle, blue was higher middle and green was lower middle.

The blues have strong abilities and amazing control. While the greens are a bit weaker with even better control.

It was hard to travel between the realms, but easier to move between the hundreds of worlds, or better known as dimensions, in each. The Cosmos were how we traveled.

“So I wouldn't even know about the other worlds or realms if I wasn't how I am?” Draco just nodded, but he looked like he was starting to pale. I looked at him, concerned,”are you alright?” He shook his head no, but didn't speak.

“You're going to travel realms now, you need to go to the peaceful.” Draco murmured softly. “Just think about how you picture peace, and you should be able to take us there.” I looked at him, and he wasn't looking at me. My eyes closed as I sighed. My heart lurched as I felt his hand on mine. As I started to think of the lakes I felt queasy, and felt the pain come back.

The pain was undeniably worse this time, and I let out a soft whimper. Then I felt myself land in a lake. Draco was above me, I only knew because I felt his bag land on my head. He was laying in a lake, and I felt rain. I looked up and saw a floating lake, with rain coming down from it. Smiling, I just laid in the lake.

“I would get out of that one if I were you. The ones closer to the ground are the most healing, and they can make you a kid again.” I immediately scrambled out and I heard Draco laugh. "I was just kidding, or was I?" He smirked a bit and I glared.

I thought of him and I appeared a few lakes away from him. He smirked before adding,”you're still really off.” I glared at him before he just laid there. I noticed that much color was returning to his face. Before I could say anything I looked up.

I heard a slap of thunder above us. Draco immediately sat up and pulled his hood over his head. He teleported to grab his bag, but was stopped before he could.

I heard a shriek and I looked at Draco. There was a harpoon in his back, I got up to get away but I couldn't. I felt something weighing me down. I looked up to see some people floating, with blue, red, and gold hands.

Then I felt a jolt and I left the lake, being reeled in. I felt another harpoon before everything disappeared.

(I do apologize if the story is all over the place. This was based off a dream)