Chapter-5

It was beautiful Tuesday morning, I woke up early and had enough time for a nice long and relaxing shower, had proper breakfast and rode to school and reached just on time. I met Alicia at the lockers and we had a nice little chat.

The day was going fantastically until when I arrived at homeroom and found a certain green-eyed boy sitting in my seat. Blake may have been a pique in the past but I had promised myself after yesternight that I would at least make an effort to smile at Blake today. A part of me felt that I may have been a bit judgemental about him at first, a bit equal to the size of the smallest toenail of an infant. Period. 

 So calmly, I made my way towards my seat. He leaned back in the chair and stared at me with the infamous smirk intact. Alicia being the really good friend she is, note the sarcasm, made her way towards her seat and settled down before greeting Blake, which he replied with an energetic greeting of his own.

Before I could advance at Blake and argue with him or ask him politely to move, Mr. Collins decided to grace us with his presence. Narrowing my eyes when he chuckled at me, I made my way behind him. 

I zoned out for the rest of the period.

______________

The rest of the day went past in a blur and I was already moving towards the parking lot with Alicia by my side. Alicia was going on about how we don't spend much time together and how I am too busy for "the most important thing in my life". Drama queen. 

"We'll have a sleepover?" I suggested to shut her up.

"Well, that sounds good...OKAY!" 

So easy to please her. 

"Your place or mine?" I asked her stepping on my skateboard.

"Mum is out you can come to mine." she said opening her door. 

"Okay, see you tonight." I said taking off. I saw Blake towards my way out of the parking lot, talking to Kyle. Wow, didn't know they knew each other. Before he could see me I was already out and my headphones were on blocking out the world around me.

Before going to work, I stuck a note on the fridge letting know aunt Sandra that I won't be home tonight and that I did her dishes and made her a sandwich. 

Not that she would notice I'm not there. Sometimes I wonder if my presence makes a difference in her life...probably not. I don't think I make a difference in anyone's life. Pretty sure about it. 

I packed my night clothes and an oversized grey knitted sweater, in case I feel cold and made a mental note to grab some ice cream on my way back from Walmart. 

__________________

I hurried out of Walmart already late due to an old lady who gave me, let's say, a lot of change.

It was already 8:28 and Alicia called me twice to remind me of my plans with her today. I already told her twice that I am on my way but being the drama queen she is, she called me again. 

"Are you planning to come or not?" she questioned as soon as I picked up her phone. 

"Well let me tell you how difficult it is to balance two big tubs of cookie dough and cookie n cream on a skateboard and attending stupid calls from your so-called best friend!" I huffed out in irritation. 

There was shuffling on the other side  before she asked,"Do you want me to come and pick you up?" 

I was not really far from Walmart and Alicia lived quite far away from here. It would take solid 20 minutes to reach there plus I was tired so...