69

* Niall's POV *

"Do you think she'll like it?" I question Luke as we stand there and admire the work we both put in to make the backyard look amazing for my surprise date tonight with Charlie. We had set up a little table at the back of the garden with fairy lights hung up on the surrounding trees and there was a nice lantern candle in the middle. It was quite simply but looked amazing and that's normally what Charlie likes so I really hope she likes this.

"Yeah she'll love it" Luke reassured me with a small smile, I nod and run my fingers through my hair nervously. "Alright she'll be home soon" I say after I check the time on my phone. "So where do I take the kids?" Luke questions as we head back to the house. "Just go to the indoor play park so Atticus can wear his energy off while you sit there with a baby who is hopefully asleep" He nods and pulls his phone out before heading to his bedroom while I make sure everything is all set.

For tonight I have also hired an amazing chef/waiter to serve us some amazing food seeing as I'd most likely burn the food which would not turn out good for the night planned. After making sure everything was all good I rush upstairs to the bedroom and get myself freshened up.

-

"I'm home!" I jump a little at the sound of Charlie calling out, I get off the kitchen stool and walk out to see Charlie was standing at the door helping Atticus take his shoes off while Toby laid in her carrier happily babbling about. I walk over to them and greet Charlie with a kiss on the side of the head. "Hi baby" I greet Toby as I lean down and unbuckle her small figure from the carrier before lifting her up and into my arms.

"Hi dada" Atticus giggles as he looks up at me "hi baby, how was the park?" I question "it was so good daddy" he giggled before rushing over to the living room to play with some toys he had left out this morning before he left to do some errands with Charlie. "Hey" Charlie smiles up at me "hey babe, why don't you go get freshened up, I have some plans for the night" A grin made its way onto Charlie's face as she leant up and placed a kiss on my lips before rushing upstairs to our bedroom with a little giggle. I watch her with a smile on my face before carrying Toby into the living room where I sat down on the couch with her and begin to watch Atticus play on the ground with his toys.

-

"Tonight was amazing Niall, thank you" Charlie thanks me softly as we both lay in bed cuddled up together, our warm skin against each other. "It was the least I could do" I whisper back as I place a delicate kiss onto her forehead. No words were spoken after that, we both just laid there in silence as we slipped off to sleep.

Authors note

Sorry for the short chapter, I just haven't had the inspiration to write anymore. Hopefully it'll come back to me sometime soon and I'll produce more good chapters.