64

*Charlie's POV*

"Attics James" I scold the child who was taking things off the shelf before dumping them on the ground. I was currently out Christmas shopping with the kids, which included Luke because I didn't trust him at home by himself, who knows what he'll get up to. "Come here little dude" Luke says as he appears out of nowhere, he had ditched me about twenty minuets ago when he saw some people he apparently knew even though he just moved here. I stop the cart and watch as Luke squats down in front of Atticus and told him to pick the items up off the ground.

"I'll help you, c'mon" Atticus huffs before he started picking the items off the ground and put them back on the shelf with the help of Luke. "No more alright?" Atticus looks up at his uncle before nodding his head. "Good, now how about we let your mumma have a break?" Luke suggests to the toddler before looking at me. "Want me to take him for a little bit?" I nod my head, happy that I'll have a little break from Atticus and his naughty phase. "I'll call you when I'm ready to leave alright?" Luke nods and lifts the toddler up into his arms before walking off after saying goodbye.

I let out a sigh and turn to look down at the cart I had in front of me, in the baby seat my gorgeous baby girl laid awake happily sucking on her pacifier as she glanced around at everything in amazement. I smile and lean down placing a small kiss on her delicate forehead. I stand back up straighter and continue shopping for Christmas presents which should be a lot easier since I don't have to worry about Atty or Luke finding out what they're getting, to be honest Atticus would probably forget anyways.

About two hours later I decided that I had bought enough for the day and headed to the car to put everything away. I reach the car and stop the cart at the boot door before pulling my keys out and unlocked the card. Once it beeped I lift Toby out of the cart chair thingy for babies and carry her to the right side of the car and pull the door open. Once I made sure the food wasn't going to hit the car beside us I lean in and place Toby in her car seat before shutting the door quietly.

I return to the back of the car and load everything in before shutting the door, there was a cart collector person coming past the car and happily took the cart from me, I thank him before climbing into the drivers seat of the car before pulling my phone out.

I sent a text to Luke to tell him that I was at the car so he should head this way so we can leave, his reply came only a short while later saying okay. I put my phone down and pull my keys out of my pocket again before inserting them into the car. I turn it on and start blasting the heat because it was pretty chilly outside due to it being winter. I also turn the radio on but make sure it was on low volume so it didn't interrupt Toby's sleep. Around five minuets later Luke arrived at the car and quickly buckled Atticus into his car seat before he climbed into the passenger seat beside me.

"How was he?" I question Luke as I pull out out of the parking space and start the drive home. "He was alright, bit grumpy" I nod my head and glance back to see that Atty had reached over to his sister and was holding her hand like the other day. "Be gentle Atty, she might wake up" Atticus looks at me and nods his head before turning back to his sister. I continue driving while looking ahead.

A few minuets later I pull into the driveway of our house and drive into the garage. Once I park I press the button to shut the garage door before turning the car off. I unbuckle myself before climbing out of the car. "Can you get him out?" I question Luke who agrees and starts to get Atticus out while I get Toby out while she continues to sleep. I walk into the house with Luke and Atticus behind me, I take Toby upstairs to her nursery where I lay her down and cover her with her blanket before walking back downstairs.

"Charlie?" I stop walking to turn to Luke who was coming from the backdoor, meaning he was out in the backyard with Atticus and I assume Atty was still out there. "Yes?" I question "Can I go to a party tonight?" Luke questions as he nervously scratches the back of his head. "No" I immediately respond before walking away from him to the kitchen. "Why not?" Luke whines as he follows me to the kitchen. "Because I said so" I say as I pull out a bottle of water from the fridge and take a sip.

Luke huffs before storming out of the kitchen, a moment later I hear the basement door slam shut. I roll my eyes at his behavior and hope that Toby doesn't wake up due to the sound, but after a minuet there wasn't a cry from upstairs so I sigh happily before putting my water back into the fridge and walk to the backyard where Atticus was playing on the playground in his coat. Buddy the puppy was yapping at the bottom of the playground happily as he watched on. "Be careful Atticus" I call out as I take a seat on the bench out here so I could keep an eye on him.

* Luke's POV *

I place my ear against the door as I listen to Niall and Charlie close their bedroom door from the second floor. It wasn't loud but I could still hear it because the house was silent seeing as the two kids were sound asleep and nothing was turned on. Charlie had come in here about an hour ago to check on me because I hadn't been out all day after asking her if I could go to the party but I pretended to sleep.

I can't believe she rejected my offer of going to the party without a second thought. I roll my eyes as i remember the encounter before silently walking back down the stairs to my bedroom where I gather my things before walking over to the window well that's down here in the basement. There was a little ladder attached to the wall which was going to make it a lot easier to sneak out tonight and in the future.

I push the window up before climbing through it carefully. I drop a little bit once I was out the window and once i was stable I shut the window quietly before climbing up the ladder. Once I was up the top I brush off my clothes before jogging out of the backyard and down the road a little bit where one of my friends were waiting for me. I spot his car and slow my jog down as I reach it. "You made it!" Jarred chuckled as I slipped into the passenger seat, I give him a grin before buckling myself in.

I could tell he has already had a drink or two by the state and smell of him. "Yeah, luckily got out" I say as he began driving away from the neighbor hood and began driving to the party. I adjust myself a little it before pulling out my packet of cigarettes from my pocket and lit one. I pass it off to Jarred before lighting my own.

The drive to the party was only about fifteen minuets long and there were cars parked everywhere. Jarred parked the car in the first available spot he noticed before turning the car off. We both climb out of the car and begin walking down the street to the house party. The music was pumping and I could smell the alcohol from here which made me grin. As we neared the house we could see the people that littered the front lawn along with beer bottles and whatnot on the grass.

"You gonna get laid tonight?" Jarred questions me as we make our way past everybody and into the house. "Maybe, if I find a pretty lady" I say, my voice had increased in volume because of the loud music. He nods and we make our way to the kitchen, I'd never been here before but Jarred seems to know this place very well so I'd say this is a popular house party destination. During the night Jarred introduced me to many people but as I drank more and more I forgot most of them and their names. By the end of the night I had girls clinging to me and I forgot how many I had made out with, but none were worth a lay.