1

"Daddy come?" My blonde haired baby asked as he waddled into the kitchen where I was reading the newspaper "yeah daddy is coming today" I say smiling as I watch him jump up in down in excitement. He hasn't seen his dad in nearly six months and he's been asking every day when his dad was coming home and today is the day. "But you have to get changed from your Jammies before daddy gets here" I say making him pout "but comfy" he whined as he waddled over and hugged my legs. "I know they are comfy but you need to get changed" I say as I place the newspaper down on the counter before lifting Atticus off the ground and into my arms.

I place him on my hip making him huff, I smile and kiss the side of his head as he placed it down on my shoulder and I carried him out of the kitchen and down the hall to our bedroom where I placed him down on the bed before walking over to the dresser where I grabbed out an outfit for Atty before walking back over to him "mummy isn't putting a nappy on you today so tell mummy if you need to go potty" Atticus nodded and laid down on the bed and put his legs up in the air.

I place the outfit beside him before pulling his shorts off, along with the diaper he slept with and I placed them aside before helping him sit up and I pulled his short off and tickled his tummy which resulted in a giggle, I smile and finish getting the two year old dressed in a pair of black swimming shorts, a dark blue tank top and some socks. "Daddy come now?" Atticus asked as I lifted him off the bed and placed him down on the ground. "I'll text him to see where he is" I say, he nodded and took hold of my hand and followed me out of the bedroom and to the living room where I sat down and helped him onto the couch beside me.

I pull my phone out and text Niall asking him how far off was he. He had messaged me last night to inform me that he had landed and would be spending the night at a hotel. I soon got a reply saying he was about five minuets away. "He here?" Atticus asked looking up at me with his gorgeous brown eyes "not yet bub" I say softly as I twirl one of his curls. He huffed and cuddled into my side "I want daddy now" he mumbled "I know you do babe but he'll be here soon" I say as I continued to twirl his curls.

A few minuets later I hear the front door quietly open and shut. I glance down at Atty to see if he heard it but he didn't so I turned my head a little to see the front door and there stood Niall with a bunch of Roses and a small brown teddy bear, I smile and motion him over which he did quietly and placed the things down on the ground before he leant down to Atticus' head. "Hey buddy" Niall whispered and I watch as a smile spread across the toddlers face before he screamed daddy and jumped up onto the couch and turned around to see his daddy was standing there with his arms out and a grin on his face.

Niall reached down and lifted Atticus off the couch and into his arms, letting the toddler squeeze the life out of him as he squealed excitedly. "Hey Atty, daddy missed you" I hear Niall whisper to our boy as he had finally settled down and had tucked his head in Niall's check. "Miss you too" I hear Atty reply softly. I smile and get off the couch and place my phone down on the coffee table before walking around to Niall and Atty. "These are for you Miss Charlie" Niall said leaning down to pick up the roses and he handed them over to me "thanks Niall" I say leaning up to kiss his cheek.

"Didn't you want to show daddy your drawing Atticus?" I ask as I lead Niall into the kitchen where I put the roses in a vase full of water. "Yeah, me go get" Atty said as Niall placed him down on the ground then he disappeared out of the kitchen and to the bedroom where his drawing was. "How's everything been?" Niall asked as he placed the teddy bear down on the counter. "He's been good, he has missed you so much" I say smiling as I place the vase down in the middle of the counter "I meant how's everything, like how are you?"

"I've been okay, It only matters if Atticus is okay and happy" I say as I stop and look at Niall "it does matter if you are happy Charlie. It's not always going to be about Atticus" Niall said "I'm happy as long as he is Niall" I say ending the conversation just as Atty ran back into the kitchen with the paper that he had drew on and waddled over to Niall and showed him the drawing. "Wow it's amazing buddy, can I keep it?" Niall asked and Atty nodded his head excitedly "I'll put it in the middle of my fridge at home" Niall said as he bent down to the boys height.

"Why you not stay here daddy? No love me?" Atticus asked tilting his head to the side. Niall looked up at me speechless, he didn't know what to tell Atticus without breaking his heart "Atty we talked about this bud. Daddy has to work" I say making the boy look over at me with his eyes full of tears "I-I" he could finish what he was saying because he bursted into tears and ran over to me. He grabbed hold of both my legs and hugged them tightly as he wailed.

I sigh and lift the crying boy up into my arms and rub his back as he soaked my shirt. "Atty baby, daddy still loves you with all his heart, he just can't stay with us" I say to the child as he cried his heart out. I look over at Niall to see he was watching the boy with a sad look on his face, almost like he was going to burst out in tears any second now. I give him a reassuring smile and rub Atticus back to try and settle him down but he just seemed to get louder and louder. "Niall can you fill a sippy cup up with juice or something?" I ask, Niall nodded and grabbed a sippy cup from the cupboard they are normally in and walked over to the fridge.

I walk over to the counter and grab the teddy bear Niall had brought and walk into the living room where I sat down on the couch and rested Atticus down on my lap and he dug his head further into my chest and wailed. "Atty look what daddy got for you" I whisper as I hold the teddy close to his face. The two year old lifted his head up and looked at the teddy once before snatching it from my hand and cuddled with it as he cried even more. Niall soon rushed in with a blue sippy cup and passed it to me before sitting down beside us. "Want some juice babe?" I question, Atty nodded his head once before sitting back so his head wasn't dug into my chest anymore and he took the drink with his spare hand and started to drink it which made the cries stop.

Atty glanced over at Niall who was also looking at him before he climbed off my lap and crawled over to his daddy's and cuddled into him as he drank his juice. I smile and grab my phone from the coffee table and snap a picture of them both before I turned the television on to a kids movie.