24

* Niall's POV *

"Hey baby" I greet Atticus as Charlie carried him into the kitchen in just a pair of underwear. "hi daddy" Atticus softly said as he closed his eyes. "can you take him?" Charlie questions and I nod my head, Charlie thanked me before passing the sleepy child over to me. I place Atticus in my lap and he instantly cuddled into my chest with a hum. "I've gotta head off now" Charlie said once she finished gathering her things. "alright love, have fun at work" I say giving her a smile. "thanks Ni, hope you two have fun" Charlie responded before bending down to kiss Atticus on the head. "bye baby" Atticus mumbled a reply before putting his thumb in his mouth and began sucking on it.

"See you later" I big goodbye to Charlie before she walked out of the kitchen and a moment later I heard the front door being opened followed by it being closed. "Do you want something to eat baby?" I ask Atticus who was looking around not really paying attention to anything. When he didn't reply I bounce him a little until he turned his head to me and hummed. "Do you want some food?" I ask and he shakes his head "milk" the young boy mumbles before digging his head into my neck.

"Alright baby" I say as I kiss the side of his head before getting off the chair making sure Atticus wasn't going to fall before walking over to the fridge where I pull it open and pull the carton of milk out and place it down on the counter before grabbing a bottle from the cupboard and filled it up with the milk. I adjust Atticus so he wouldn't fall out of my arms before carrying him into the living room where I laid down on the couch and Atticus adjusted himself so he was laying down before I gave him his bottle and we both began watching the kids show that was playing on the television.

-

"Atty" The young boy groaned and turned his head to me and hummed "Daddy has to get you ready because i have some meetings" Atticus begins to whine which made me sigh. "You can go to sleep after baby" He nodded and rubbed his eyes. I stand up and lift Atticus off the couch and carry him upstairs to his bedroom where I laid him down on the changing table. I take off his diaper and dispose of it in the bin at my feet before putting a pull up on him followed by his clothes.

"You can sleep now baby" Atticus nodded and rested his head against my chest as I lifted him off the bed and carried him out of the bedroom. I was already dressed so I didn't have to do anything so I carried him downstairs, gathered my phone, wallet and keys before walking out of the house once i turned everything off.

I lock the front door behind myself before carrying Atticus over to the car where I open the back door and place the nearly passed out toddler in the car seat and buckle him in before closing the door and climb into the drivers seat. I turn the car on and put the heat on because it was pretty cold outside.

I buckle in before reversing out of the driveway and head to the location of my meetings. I soon reach the building and of course there was paparazzi standing out the front and as soon as I parked out the front security rushed from the building and helped me get out of the car, get Atty out and then helped me get into the building safely.

Atticus seemed to stay asleep even though the environment was really loud and I was thankful he was asleep because I didn't want to deal with a grumpy toddler during the meetings. "Would you like me to take him for you Mr Horan?" Jake one of the interns asked, I nod my head and pass him the sleeping toddler so he could watch him before heading into my meetings.

-

"Ready to go home baby?" I ask Atticus as I walk out of the meeting room. "Yeah dada" I smile and thank Jake for looking after him for about four hours before taking hold of Atticus' hand and lead him out of the building to see that the paparazzi had cleared off which i was thankful for and lead Atticus over to the car.

I unlock it and pull the backdoor open before lifting Atticus into the car seat and buckle him in before getting in the car myself. I pull my phone out as it vibrated to see that Charlie had texted me. Can you take Atty to get his hair cut? i turn in my seat to look at Atticus and that's when I noticed he did need a haircut.

"What?" Atticus asks as he looked over at me to see i was looking at him. "Nothing baby" He giggled and turned to look back out the window. I send Charlie a text message back saying I would take him now before putting the phone in my pocket and started the car and headed to the closest hairdressers that i knew were good with kids.

We soon arrive and as soon as we walk in Atticus began to cry because he has always hated getting his haircut. "Shh baby it's okay" I assure him as i lift him off the ground and let him cuddle into my chest as I book him a appointment that was in half an hour because that was their next open slot. "How about we go next door and get some ice cream?" I ask Atticus who nodded his head, so i turn and walk out of the small hair dressers and into the ice cream parlour next door.

"What do you want to get baby?" I ask Atticus as i walk up to the counter where we could look at all the ice cream flavours. "that one dada" I look at the one Atticus was pointing at to see he was pointing at the chocolate one. "Just that one?" He nodded his head so I bought a scoop of chocolate ice cream in a bowl before carrying Atticus and the ice cream over to a spare booth and sat him down on the chair and fed him the ice cream because i didn't want the ice cream all over him instead of in his mouth.

Before I knew it my phone was vibrating meaning it had been half an hour and we needed to go back next door to get the hair cut over and done with. I lift Atticus off of the chair and carry him next door and before he could start whining I shushed him. "Daddy will be here so no whining" Atticus huffed but nodded his head. "ready buddy?" A lady questioned Atticus as she walked over to us.

Atticus shyly nodded his head so I followed the hairdresser over to a spaceship chair which made Atty grin and wiggle in my arms so he could get in it.  I chuckle at him before placing him in the spaceship and let the hairdresser slip a kids robe thing on it so his hair would not go onto hi clothes. "What haircut is he getting today?" the hairdresser asked me "just the sides shaved and then the top trimmed" the lady nodded and began her work, the entire time she would talk to Atticus so he would stay calm and he seemed to not even need me beside him.

"All done handsome" Atticus giggled as the hairdresser tickled him as she took the robe off of the little boy. He had the exact cut that I had explained, both sides were shaved really short and then the top bit was longer and was combed to one side and he looked really cute. "high five?" Atty giggled and gave the hairdresser a high five and as a reward she gave him a red lolly pop.

"What do you say Atticus?" Atty looked at me before looking back at the hairdresser "thank you" "you're welcome handsome" Atty giggled again before I lifted him out of the spaceship chair and put him on my hip. I had payed earlier so I thanked the hairdresser before carrying my boy out and set him down on the ground. "Want to take a picture for mummy?" Atty nodded so i lead him over to the brick wall that was in front of the store and got him to smile and give me a thumbs up before I snapped a picture.

"Good job baby" Atty giggled and walked over to me, I lifted him off the ground and carried him over to the car and buckled him into the car seat before climbing in and headed home.