51

"Ready babe?" Niall questions me as he holds Atticus on his hip. I let out a nervous sigh before nodding my head. We were currently at the doctors going for a ultrasound. I was currently 17 weeks and I came in last week to find out the gender of the baby but the technician couldn't give us a 100% verdict. "I just hope the baby is in the right place" I tell him, he nods with a small smile on his face as he leads me into the office where the technician was waiting. We greet her and she sets me up on the bed with the gel on my stomach.

"Hey buddy, what do you want to call your new little brother or sister?" the technician Julie questions Atty "Toby" Atticus immediately stated, for a while now he's been telling us he wants the baby to be named Toby even if it's a girl. "What about for a girl?" Julie questions him as she moves the wand thing over my stomach. "Toby" Atticus repeats "I suppose Toby could work for both" Julie chuckled along with Niall and myself. "Alright the baby seems to be in the right position this time" I let out a nervous sound as she speaks. Julie looks over the monitor for a moment before turning it so we could all see. "As you can see right here" Julie tells us as she points between the legs with her pen. She then proceeded to tell us the gender of our baby.

I turn to Niall with my eyes wide in shock, I was so happy. Well I mean I would have been happy with either gender but I'm glad this was the outcome. Julie went through everything else, telling us that 'Toby'  was in good health and was reaching all milestones so far. "Thank you" I tell Julie "No problem Charlie. You can schedule your next appointment and get your ultrasound photos at the reception" I thank her again before walking out the room with Niall and Atticus in front of me. After scheduling our new appointment and getting the ultrasound photos we leave the doctors and head home.

Now we know the gender of 'Toby' we can find clothing and everything suited to the gender instead of just unisex products. "Are you still going out with Taylor today?" Niall questions as he stops the car at a red light. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure. We're meant to be meeting at 2" I say as I pull my phone from my pocket just to see if Taylor has texted me, which she hasn't so I lock my phone and place it back down in my lap. The drive home was quite short so before we knew it we were back home and I was unbuckling Atty from his car seat and carrying him inside.

Once we were inside I place Atticus down on the ground and help him take his shoes off at the front door along with his coat which i hung up before letting him run off to play. "Mumma I go outside?" Atticus calls from the kitchen. "C'mon bud I'll take you out there" I give Niall a thankful smile because I was pretty exhausted right now and just wanted to go have a nap. I give Niall a kiss before slipping my own shoes and coat off before walking upstairs taking my time because I was a little off balance. I finally make it to mine and Niall's bedroom and go to the bathroom first before climbing into our bed and before I knew it I was passed out and having awesome dreams about when the baby is born.

* Niall's POV *

"Atticus" I call out and a moment later he joined me in the living room "Yes dada?" He questions as he tilts his head to the side. "We're going out, so let's get your ready" He nods so I lift him up off the ground and carry him upstairs to his bedroom where I place him down on the changing table and changed him from his comfy clothes before getting ready for our outing. Charlie had left about an hour ago and I've just had a call saying I've got to go for a few interviews and do some other things.

I finish getting Atticus ready before carrying him into my mine and Charlie's bedroom where I place the young boy on the bed before walking into the wardrobe where I grab some clothes even though I'll probably be given a different outfit at the interview. I walk into the bathroom and get myself ready before walking out to see Atty was laying in the middle of the bed singing 'I'm a little teapot'.

I smile and roll my eyes at the song before lifting him off the bed and carry him back downstairs where I gather a few things before carrying him out of the house, I lock the front door and carry the two year old over to the car and buckle him into his car seat in the back before climbing into the drivers seat and drove to the first destination. We arrived about twenty minuets later and I park the car in the back before getting Atty out of the car before we were lead into the building and into the dressing room where the rest of the lads were. I place Atticus down on the ground and he was immediately scooped up by Louis.

-

I carefully lift Atticus out of the car seat and cradle him in my arms before closing the car door and locked it before carrying my boy into the supermarket so I could collect a few things for the house. I grab a trolley and place Atticus in the baby seat thing that laid down before walking up and down every isle in the store filling the trolley and I go.
After about forty five minuets I finish getting everything and go to the check out area where I paid for everything before going back to the car.

I load Atticus into the car before putting the shopping in the back before putting the trolley away. I walk back over to the car and climb into the drivers seat before heading back home where Charlie was, she had gotten home about twenty minuets ago from the text I had received. The drive home was only twenty minuets so we arrived in no time. When we arrived at the house Charlie walked out and helped me by getting Atticus out of the car and took him in. I grab all the shopping and head inside as well.