Chapter-Thirty Eight

"I can't believe it, they are finally getting married," Meredith whispered to Janet next to her on the altar. Janet forcefully smiled, feeling empty on the inside. She looked over across the altar to see Calum directly at her, a frown on his face, he shook his head and turned back Michael and Julie. Janet sighed and tried to hold back her tears. She felt horrible, a mistake she made a long time ago was coming back to haunt her. But was it even a mistake? Calum wouldn't have stayed anyway. She tried to push away her thoughts and focus on her best friend, looking as beautiful as ever as she recited her vows to her galaxy haired fiance.

"Michael, I love you so much. I thank God every day for you, and for our child," She smiled glancing at her stomach that stretched in front of her. "I promise to love you unconditionally, and try not be too sassy, and bitchy- sorry pastor-" Laughs came from the crowd, "-You're my forever and I will love you till my last breath, and beyond."

Meredith smiled to herself and she held Julie's bouquet in her hand. She took the time to admire the venue. The white flowers that hung from the tent, a hundred chairs that held her family members and friends all dressed in black or white, the white carpet the led from the ballroom to the tent that had red roses scattered all over them. She glanced over at her boyfriend who stood right to Michael, he glanced over to her as well and winked at her. She giggled and rolled her eyes at him.

Janet watched as Julie and Michael exchanged rings, and as Meredith and Luke exchanged flirty looks and she was envious. She thought Calum was the one, she thought that he loved her and nothing could break them apart. Luke and Meredith had been separated for five years and yet they found each other, and Julie and Michael had been together from the start, almost seven years and they still look at each other like it's the first time. She wanted that, she thought she had that, but now looking the man she loved, who couldn't even look at her, she wanted to cry, more than anything, but she held it in, for her bestfriend's sake.

"May I introduce Mr. and Mrs. Michael Clifford!" The speaker spoke as Julie and Michael walked into the reception, music blasting from the speakers. Julie started doing the sprinkler in the middle of the dance floor, making Michael laugh and join her.

Once a slow song came on, Meredith grabbed Luke's hand, who was devouring his food, and pulled him to the dance floor. "You have a little something, right there," Meredith joked as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Luke smirked and wiped his mouth, falling for it and causing her to laugh. He rolled his eyes, pecked her lips, and wrapped his lanky arms around her waist and they swayed side to side to "Photograph" by Ed Sheeran.

"I love you Hemmings," she mumbled into his ear as she rested her head on his shoulder.

"Likewise Mrs. Hemmings." She rolled her eyes, but then she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to see her sister still in her wedding dress and a bright smile on her face as she handed Meredith her bouquet. It didn't translate in her head until she saw everyone staring at her and that Luke had disappeared only to be standing outside on the altar. Tears formed in her eyes as she walked towards him, a bright smile on his face as he got down on one knee. Everyone came outside as well, many taking out their phones to record, and tearing up, and others smiling brightly at this magical moment. Julie cuddles into Michael's arms and she smiled brightly.

"Meredith-" Luke started but Meredith cut him off, "yes, yes, yes, yes, yes" she laughed and jumped into his arms, "You didn't even let me finish," he laughed, " Sorry, but yes" she smiled and kissed her now fiance.