Chapter Twenty Four

"No, " Richard said as Meredith walked out in a little black dress that came right before her knees, it stuck to her body and accentuated her curves.

Meredith sighed and walked back into her room, taking off her heels and sitting down on her bed. Grace's side was empty because she went out clubbing with her other friends and was probably going to come home drunk and crying because that's what she always did when she was drunk.

Meredith groaned when she couldn't find anything else in her closet so she just walked back out with the outfit she had on.

"Meredith, I said no, " Richard said through gritted teeth.

"Well, I don't care what you say," Meredith mumbled under the breath and flinched once Richard came closer to her, but stopped himself and took a deep breath.

"Whatever," he muttered before turning around and walking out her door. Meredith took a sigh of relief and pushed away from the tears in her eyes. She plastered the smile she had mastered on her face and grabbed a light coat and her purse, pushing her now blonde hair aside.

*

"So basically what you are saying is that you want to get Meredith back," Ashton said slowly as he sat across from Luke in their van.

The band was on their way to the studio once more when Luke brought up his plan.

Luke nodded his head before Calum hit him on the back of his head from behind him.

"Yay, it wasn't me this time," Michael said with a smirk on his face.

"Luke, you're like a brother to me, so take my advice and just give up. Meredith is happy with Richard, she calls me all the time and tells me they' re doing great and that he is treating her right," Calum says.

"But, guys, I love her. I love her more than I love myself," Luke mumbled, trying to hide the blush the flooded his pale cheeks.

"If you did then why did you let her go? " Ashton asked.

Michael raised an eyebrow," Oh, don't tell me you did the 'if you love something set it free' bullshit, " he sighed when he saw the look k Luke's face knowing it was true.

"I thought I couldn't give her what she wanted."

"Then, if you thought that why would you try to strip her of what she worked so hard for. I don't even want to know what Meredith had to go through when I left" Calum sighs, "-Luke, you have to let her go. Of course, I want to see you guys together, but I also want to see you guys healthy and happy and you aren't when you are together."

Luke nodded, thinking maybe he was right. No, he was right. If she could move on so easily, then maybe he could too.

*

"I'll have the steak and my girl will have the salad," Richard said once the waiter came over to them.

"-Actually can I have the steak as well," Meredith said and avoided the glare Richard gave her. The waiter nodded, and give the couple a suspicious look before walking off.

"What have I told you about eating healthy. You need to lose some weight honey," Richard scolded quietly.

"Oh, shut up, I'm hungry and I'm tired of your bullshit," Meredith muttered taking a sip of her water.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that! "

" I can talk to you, however, I like because I'm my own person. And I can do this too," she said before splashing the rest of her water on his face before smirking at him, almost laughing at the reaction of the rest of the restaurant.

It was, in fact, one of May's restaurants so this was even more entertaining.

"You stupid bitch! " He screamed and stormed off. Meredith chuckled to herself because she knew he didn't mean that, and he had called her that multiple times and then he always came crawling back to her and apologized. Unfortunately, she always forgave him.

" Now that's no way to treat a lady," some random guy said behind her, causing her to whip around and look at them. A smile formed on her face when she saw the one and only Harry Styles standing there.

"Hello Harry, " she said and stood up to give him a hug.

"Hello, love, " he replied.

The two had formerly known each other when 5 seconds of summer went on tour with them. She barely got to any time with the other band members, but she went with Harry to do sightseeing once because Michael gave them the idea when they came over to their house one day, right before they left for tour. Considering she had just broken up with Luke, she had taken up the idea and just ranted to him while he comforted her.

"How have you been, love? " Harry asked once he sat down at the seat in which Richard had just been sitting.

" Shitty, excuse my french," Meredith mocked which caused Harry to laugh and reveal his handsome smile.

"I can see that, why the hell are you with that arse? " Harry inquired, running a hand through his hair, that was now placed in a quiff upon his head, and no longer long.

"I don't know, " she shrugged.

Harry smirked and reached over and placed his large hands on her petite one, "You belong to me."

Meredith broke out into a loud laugh, and Harry soon joined her.

"Why are you telling me this just now? " Meredith played along.

" I was waiting for the right time my love, " he smirked but then took his hand away ending the joke.

"Don't worry about him, he'll come back to my dorm room, probably before I get there. Most likely with roses, and maybe chocolate," Meredith said sarcastically.

"But you shouldn't let him disrespect you like that. You deserve better Meredith, we both know you do."

Meredith sighed and nodded her head, "I know, I know, " she said, trying not to let any tears show. It was funny how she was just laughing like crazy and then crying the next, it was like a roller coaster that wouldn't end.

"I'm going to knock some sense into him" Harry mumbled and took her hand again, not in a romantic way, but more of comforting way. And saying that Meredith was grateful, was an understatement.