Chapter Twenty Five

Just like Meredith had predicted, Richard came crawling back. It's not like he had a place to go since Calum and Janet moved in together and took their old house, and May is living in Spain with her new boyfriend.

And of course, Meredith took him back, because she didn't have anyone else to love her. Even if he was the way he was, he was still there for her when she needed someone.

A few weeks later and it finally time for her to go back home. Considering Michael's and Julie's wedding was next month, Meredith decided to go home a little early. But, she was here arguing about Richard over the fact that she didn't want him to come.

"What the hell am I supposed to do while you're off fucking some other guy?! "

" That's utter bullshit," Meredith shouts, "Why would I cheat on you? After all, we've been through and you still don't trust me, stop being paranoid."

"Meredith, you're going back with to your ex, how do you not expect me to be worried? " Richard calmed down a little bit.

Meredith rolled her eyes," He has nothing to do with this, I'm over him, " she lied, but it was really convincing, That Richard almost believed her.

"Oh please, you act like I haven't seen that letter you keep in your draw. If you really were over him you would have thrown it out a long time ago" Richard said, crossing his arms.

"Richie, if you can't trust me then we can't do this. I kept that because... " Meredith paused, pushing back tears, " I kept that because I wanted something to remember him. Sure, I don't love him anymore, but he was still my best friend, Richard. And I can't control how he feels about me, and frankly, he treated me better than you ever did."

Richard's hard face faltered, "You don't mean that," he mumbled "We both know the hell you were through when you guys were together."

"Okay, if you do, then why the hell would you accuse me of cheating on you? " Meredith said softly, walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his neck.

" You wouldn't, I know that. I'm sorry, I'm just afraid of losing you," Richard as he brought her closer to him.

"I know, but you won't," she lied, she wasn't even sure what would happen the next time she saw Luke, but she knew she had some feelings for Richard. How could she not, but she knew deep down that she still loved Luke.

Richard didn't reply and only kissed her softly. Meredith didn't feel like throwing up like she used to, but she did wish that there were Luke's lips. Richard's weren't as soft and thin as his. Richard didn't know to not use too much tongue, or to place his hand on her hips instead of her butt because she didn't like that. Richard wasn't Luke.

*

Luke laid in his bed looking over old photos from his phone. A picture from about six years ago, when he and Meredith were laying on the grass making out. Ashton had been a creep and took a picture of them, but it was a good one. Another of him and Meredith for when he took her to six flags for her birthday. She was giving him a kiss on the cheek as he held a hot dog and a bright smile.

Luke sighed and didn't even notice he was crying till a tear hit his giant phone and rolled down the screen.

"Lukeeeeeeeeee," Michael called from the other side of his door before walking in. The smile on his face fell as he saw that Luke was crying.

Michael sighed when he saw that Like was scrolling through the pictures on his phone.

"You really love her, don't you? " Michael said as he took a seat next to him.

" More than anything," Luke replied, sniffling.

"How are you going to handle her coming back? You know she's with Richard now. I'm not saying that you guys shouldn't be together, but just look how hard it is for you to be," Michael advised and he rubbed Lukes back back.

"But of course I ship Muke" Luke raised his eyebrows and at him, "I knew you were in love with me," he joked.

Michael blushed and laughed, "Fans would love to see that wouldn't they. But you know what I mean, but I think Leredith sounds better."

"Yeah, it does. I want to get her back, but I don't know how."

"I'll help you, maybe during my wedding, you could do something. But when she comes back, why don't you guys try and build your friendship back, so there's a higher chance she'll say yes."

"You think I should propose? " Luke said with wide eyes.

Michael nodded," But do it after I and Janet leave. I don't want her to get mad that you guys stole her spotlight. But make sure someone records it so she doesn't get mad that she didn't get to see either."