Chapter Thirty Four

To say that the tension in the air was thick was an understatement. Meredith, Luke, Michael, Ashton, Calum, Sasha, Julie and Janet all staring back at Richard, who had a cheesy smile on his face as he looked at his girlfriend. Well, to him she was his girlfriend, but she was far from it to the rest of them.

The guilt didn't really hit Meredith until she came face to face with her green-eyed lover. He walked towards her and wrapped her in a tight hug, her not knowing what to do, completely frozen in her spot.

Richard let go and looked up at the rest of them, "Hey guys, " he smiled his million dollar smile with his white teeth.

The rest of them muttered replies but not Janet, who stormed out the room, not being able to handle being in the same room as him. Calum followed after his girlfriend, not even addressing Richard. Calum never like him, he supported Meredith and Luke together, even if he wasn't his first choice for her.

"Why are you guys so glum, we've come here to party right. Let's party!" Richard smiled, his muscled arms still around Meredith's slim waist.

Luke rolled his eyes, he walked over to Meredith and whispered in her ear, "Can we talk?". She nodded and tried to wiggle out Richard's grip.

"Babe, where are you going, I just got here? " Richard asked, sending a death glare at Luke, who had no expression on his face.

" I'll be right back, " she dismissed and tugged Luke away, who had a smug look on his face as he glared at Richard.

"So guys what are we doing tonight?"

"Go fuck yourself" Julie muttered to him before walking away, Michael on her trail. Ashton and Sasha left with them, leaving him by himself.

*

Before Luke could speak when they got outside behind the house by the pool, Meredith placed her lips on his.

Luke had to admit that his heart raced every time he kissed her soft lips. He held his breath, afraid the moment might end if he moved a muscle. She relaxed against him, her fingers in his hair, them nose to nose as their lips moved hungrily.

"What was that for?" Luke said out of breath, a light smile present on his thin lips. "To remind you, that I am yours'" she replied.

"Well, I think I need another reminder," Luke said, smirking, causing her to laugh, which was like magic to his ears. But obliged and placed her lips on his again for another longing kiss. The two made the kiss last especially long, afraid of having the actual conversation they had come out here to do. They were boy scared that if they let go of one another, it would be the last time they would be in each other's arms. Dramatic of course, but the drama was their second language.

"Baby, you need to tell him" Luke whispered against her lips. She rested her forehead against his, having to tippy toe to do so since he was a giant compared to her without heels.

"I know, but I don't want to hurt him"

" You're hurting him more by going behind his back. I personally don't like him, especially after the way he treated you, it's taking everything in me not to go in there and fuck him up. However, it's best to just end it now, so that we can move on with our lives, I want you to officially be mine" Luke rested a finger underneath her chin and lifted her head to place a chaste kiss to her plump lips. "I know you're right, " she responded, her voice empty.

"I'm always right, " he joked, which caused a bright smile to appear on her lips and she laughed.

"Can I do it later, I kind of just want to stay here and make out"

Luke's eyes widened at the idea and kissed her again, them both laughing in the process.

I know I've been MIA, I'm sawry. Hope you enjoyed the extremely short chapter, sawry again :'(