Chapter Thirty-Six

Meredith sat in the freezing cold. She clung her jacket to her body as she watched her shaky breath escape her plump lips. "Where is he?" she mumbled to herself. She felt tears slipping down her cheeks, her mascara probably making her look like a raccoon.

Suddenly Luke's bright blue car pulled up in front of her. Her blue eyes boyfriend rolled down the tinted window and frowned when he saw her crying and shaking. He nearly ran out of the car. He took the jacket off his shoulders and placed it on her's.

"Baby?" he asked and he hugged her close. She shook in his arms, tears stained his white T-shirt. "What happened?" he asked into her hair, but she shook her head and continued to sob. Her makeup smudging his shirt and plump lips opening and closing as she sobbed.

They stood there for a good few minutes before she reached up and placed a salty kiss on his thin lips. "Can we go?" she said. Luke nodded as they walked to his car, he opened the door for as and slammed it close. Meredith sat in the car, not looking up at all as he jumped in the seat next to her. She knew she was being overdramatic, but having the man she devoted almost two years of her life to put his hands on her hurt, a lot.

"Mer, whatever happened in there-" Luke paused, looking over at her as they drove down the sunset road. "-You don't have to talk about it, but just know that I'm seriously proud of you for ending things and I-"

"He was going to propose" she cut him off. Her voice cracked which caused her to clear her throat. She was done crying because he wasn't worth it.

"What?" Luke's eyebrows furrowed. He slumped in his seat and ran a hand over his face.

"He was going to propose to me Luke, and I just dumped him on the spot, " she shook her head, a chuckle leaving her lips.

"Wow," he mumbled and shook his head. "I feel shitty now, " he continued. "Same" she replied and Luke started the car again when the stoplight turned green and continued down the road.

"But for all the shit he did to you, dumping him doesn't even make up for it" Meredith smiled at Luke's comment. She nodded in agreement and they didn't talk for the rest of the ride till they reached her apartment.

*

Meredith flopped on her bed, Luke leans on her doorway, his lanky arms and legs crossed.

"Do you think things would have been different?" Meredith said out of the blue.

"What?" Luke questioned coming over to join her on her queen sized bed. "If I had married Richard in the first place? What would have happened if you did come here with a date, or if you didn't come at all? What-" Luke shut her bubbling up with a chaste kiss which left her with a wide smile.

"That's a nice way of getting me to shut up"

"Are you quoting good luck Charlie?" Luke laughed as he caressed her soft face. "It was a great show. The last good one on Disney. They are all shitty now"

Luke laughed again, "I love you so much".

"Likewise Hemmings"

*

Later, when Meredith and Luke were laying her bed and watching a movie, Meredith's phone started ringing.

"Ugh," she groaned and got off the bed to answer her phone on the other side of the room.

"Hey Jan," she said after reading the caller ID. She responded with sobbing while to speak really quickly.

"Whoa, whoa calm down Jan breath. What's going on?"

"I-t's Calum. H-he broke u-up wi-th me" she sobbed in between her words.

"What why?" Meredith almost yelled into the phone. "He-he knows. He knows about the abortion"

-------------------------------------------------

I know I haven't updated in forever, I'm sawry