Chapter 20

Ash was stunned as his partner snarled at him, purple veins pulsing on his yellow body.

The group around him took a step back as Pikachu sparked again, the yellow bolts hopping around. Ash took a step forward, reaching a hand to his friend.

"Pikachu, bud, it's me," Ash said softly. He heard Lysander laughing behind him.

"It's no use! Thunderbolt!" He cackled as the mouse unleashed a hard shock to the entire group. Ash heard as each of his friends fell at the power, however Ash had coated himself in a blanket of Aura, which protected him from the brunt of the attack.

"Pikachu, please..." Ash begged, taking another few baby steps towards Pikachu. The mouse sparked, jumping to the side and using Quick attack to tackle Ash into one of he consoles.

Ash's body hit the metal with a hard thud, his shoulder indenting the metal. He yelped in pain as he crumpled back down to the ground. He was trying hard not to use his aura, but that was getting harder and harder.

"Ash, ugh, are you okay?" Serena asked, finally recovering from the last attack. Ash groaned, pulling himself back onto his feet. Pikachu was coming at him with an iron tail. Ash bearly dodged as the metal tail sunk into the controls.

"Ash look at the point of infection!" Brock said, casting Ash's eyes to the small mouse. A small dart was sticking out from Pikachu, and it was glowing green.

"Yeah I see it,"

"I think it's what's controlling Pikachu. If you destroy that you might get Pikachu back!"

Ash's eyes narrowed on the small dart, coating himself with a thick coat of Aura, his eyes beginning to glow lightly. He didn't want to hurt Pikachu, but it if came down to it, he would.

*I've healed Infected before, I can do it again* Ash told himself, coating one of his hands in aura, *I just need to get him to attack me*

"Come get me Pikachu!" Ash ordered, spreading his arms wide as if for a hug. Ash had one chance to do this.

Pikachu didn't hesitate, using a quick attack to charge into his friend. Ash wrapped his arms around d the mouse at the last second, catching him. Pikachu wriggled around in his grip, sinking his teeth into Ash's shoulder.

Hissing, Ash plucked the device out of Pikachu and focused his aura into his friend. Ash and Pikachu began to glow, like the event on the battlefield all those weeks ago.

The blue sphere swallowed the entire facility, making those there look away.

It remained like that for a long time, until it faded back into Ash, who had Pikachu up on his uninjured shoulder, licking his face. Ash happily rubbed his ears as the purple veins turned blue.

"Ash! Are you okay?" Serena asked, rushing over to the boy. Ash stood back up, wobbling slightly on his feet. He smiled, giving his old, familiar goofy toothy grin that had been absent for so long.

"Let's go home," he said simply.

Within minutes, the group was leaving the ship, with Lysander in their custody. Serena was talking with Ash, making sure he was okay and the such. Ash was pulling his hoodie back over him.

Misty and Brock we're making sure Lysander wasn't escaping anytime soon. Clemont was busy trying to safely land the ship with some of the scientist help. Turns out they were forced to help Team Flare.

And all through this, Ash kept the fact that black roots were slowly beginning to crawl down his right arm, causing him blinding pain.

And the roots were spreading from the bite.

-----

AaaAA guys next chapter is tHE LAST CHAPTERR!!!!

ALSO WHATS WRONG WITH SATOSHI?!?!

BOI HE'S INFECTED, KINDA

ALL WILL BE EXPLAINED NEXT TIME!

TA-TA

SY